• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Left front bumper bracket fabrication?

I am replacing a Marga Hills front bumper and going back to stock and cannot seem to find a left front bumper bracket anywhere. This is the L bracket that holds the bumper in place. I ordered one on ebay and one in several other places but all orders get canceled due to shipping from Japan because of COVID 19 concerns... :mad:

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Part number I am looking for is [FONT=&quot]71156-SL0-000 [/FONT]

I am not sure which Austrian parts store you are referring to but I have checked Amayama and yes they do have it but limited on shipping from Japan as I understand it. It will take months to get here.

Bram, thanks. PMed you

Austrian store here:

https://www.nsx-parts.com/

Christian (Austrian Type R) is the guy to help you :wink:

I am not sure which Austrian parts store you are referring to but I have checked Amayama and yes they do have it but limited on shipping from Japan as I understand it. It will take months to get here.

Bram, thanks. PMed you

[SUB][/SUB]

I never got a response from the Austrian Type Racing website. Other suggestions? It s killing me that my car just sits without a front bumper.... :(

I never got a response from the Austrian Type Racing website. Other suggestions? It s killing me that my car just sits without a front bumper.... :(

Like previously suggested, order from Amayama:
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/71156sl0000 you can use FedEx for shipping and it should arrive fairly soon.

Try ordering from Tim:
https://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-frame-l-front-bumper-71156sl0000

Call your local dealership and see if there are any currently in stock in the US Supply Chain

Reach out to Marc Perez [MENTION=33290]SpeedyPartsJapan[/MENTION]

Or reach out to Christian via FB, he replies very quickly there.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have already called and ordered through dealerships and websites who say they are on permanent back order which they say just means they are discontinued. I ordered through ebay and they waited a month to tell me it could not be shipped. I am a month into another fleabay purchase with no response. :(

I messaged Marc [MENTION=17050]SPEED[/MENTION]partsjapan

Who is Christian?

Amayama is still using EMS to ship to Canada; however, it has slowed a lot. They forecast that the bumper bracket would not arrive until mid August at the earliest. The EMS shipping option with Amayama is pretty low cost, about $25 Cdn. If you really need the part you can arrange with a freight forwarding service who can take delivery of the part in Canada and then forward it to you; but, you pay for that service. The other option is that you can usually submit a request to Amayama for a special quote for shipping using DHL direct to you. Delivery is much faster; but, comes with a much much bigger price. Freight forwarding option - slowish and expensive. DHL - fast and really expensive. How much are you willing to pay?

Other than that, start searching for a salvage NSX that is being parted out. One that wasn't in a front end accident. They are not common; but, they are out there.

Back