• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lets see those Aftermarket Seats!

nsx002.jpg

I love my DF seats

I love those DF seats. anybody willing to sell theirs? :p

Here's mine. Currently looking at one piece CF buckets with red leather covers, if anyone has a suggestion.
251174_10150280217591224_690446223_9371290_1543626_n.jpg

BRIDE Gias x1. Too expensive... lol

6450_242616370397_725435397_7957279_7272042_n.jpg

6450_242616365397_1090350_n.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic but here is my Aftermarket Seats :smile:

Status2.JPG

Status1.JPG

Status6.JPG

Last edited:
How much head room did you guys get? I am just about to install mine. With the stock seats my helmet rubs on the roof liner.
I am hoping to gain a couple inches (there is a joke in there) Right now I have to recline the seat a little more then I like. 6,2 175 (during race season) :)
I have the Sabelt Titan seats Large. They come Med Large and X-large. If you are under 180 I would recommend Med.

B@t if your looking for seats get something reclineable. Fixed mounted seats look like it was added (too aftermarket looking excluding track use which they become advantage) unless your going big baller NSXR seats.

I am running Sparco Torino II and may change.

DSC_0276.JPG

Bride Lowmax would look good!!

Wow, you let me know when you sell those...lets keep them in TX!

The standard pole position mounting angles actually lose headroom not gain via the shell. You have a gain because there's a lot less cushion. The ABE version is the only one you should use the 3 point belt with, and it's not sold in the US. 1K is using a harness so his situation doesn't apply but I don't find the pole position to be a particularly good seat because the shell does not fit as tightly to the floor as some others, because it is a very tight seat and for smaller guys only, and because it is missing the proper holes for your factory belts.

I hope that everyone knows headroom is not gained by any of these seats because the seat sits lower. They gain headroom because of the use of less cushion. Which does decrease comfort. The factory seat touches the floor. There is no room under it to "gain" anything.

Last edited:
I figured as much if you were to remove the seat cushion on the stock seats you would gain 2-3 inches correct? Which would be the same as
a race bucket. I have Sabelt Titans with next to no cushion on Buddy Club "low rails" rails. I have not installed them yet thought I was hoping to gain a couple inches over
stock. By stock I mean stock seat with stock cushion. I'm 6,2 175 so I would like a bit more head room with helmet. Since I thin I am not too worried about seat width.

Cheers

On rails, some people are under the impression a "lower rail" will help somehow. It won't. The factory seat SCRAPES THE CARPET. So removing its cushion gives you not only "as much as any racing seat", it give you as mush as is POSSIBLE... Probably lower than any race seat. If you want to go lower than the factory seat sans cushion, you will need to cut the floorboard.

Also the seat is a CRITCAL safety component in a crash. And there are vast differences in seats. The seat shell is the last line of defense between your spine, ribcage, and thighs and anything protruding into that space in a crash. It is important to choose your seat carefully.

My plan after I finish the supercharger group buy is to do a seat group buy so I have been doing a ton of research into what is available and what is good and bad.

I can see where that would be misleading. By low rails I just meant it is lower then some of the other after market rails..Another issue is side mount compared to top.
I am guessing the low mounts will put the seat bottom in a similar position as stock.i.e mm from the carpet. I am hoping to get the same result (head room) with my after market seats that I would have got by taking the cushion out 2 inches. I can't see how it would not work as the have 2-3 inches less padding?

Last edited:
Back