• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A Production model pics

In both NSX-R and LF-A videos, Top Gear likes the car but mock the high price that goes with the non-exotic marque. If you slap another emblem on these cars like koenigsegg or Rossion, then perhaps the price tag is justifable to them.

They neglect to mention that both NSX and LF-A are likely much more reliable and than anything the supercar market has ever seen. They are both superbly designed machines in very way and should judged on that without the biases of name plate.

People have been b*tching about the LFA price and too much but how about this one:rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE_WqdKbTvY

Less HP yet it pulled a wet time within three seconds of the Carrera GT dry time. They mention price once and never that it was too expensive even though it's more than the LFA. "Oh at the end of the day it's still a Lexus" ....Such Bullsh*t!

"Less HP yet it pulled a wet time within three seconds of the Carrera GT dry time. They mention price once and never that it was too expensive even though it's more than the LFA. "Oh at the end of the day it's still a Lexus" ....Such Bullsh*t! "
Yes and it was 3 seconds faster than the Gallardo on the wet track...at 3 times the price..no thanks, but it is an engineering marvel though...

Well there will always be something cheaper but at least they could be less biased due to country of origin. CGT was $500k new but it didn't give more than three times the performance of a 911TT.

So my point remains at $150K less that the CGT but better performance actually makes the LFA a deal:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Gear is as biased as they get! I look at that show cuz its actually funny and i look at any automotive show (except nascar related). They think euro cars are the best since sliced bread and they shit on anything american or japanese. Even tho i love best motoring......they arent any better! BM is the only place youll see an NSX or R33/R34 beat F40, GT2, Murci, Gallardo etc!!

Very true. Euro car people still have a hangup about japanese cars (just like the cigar-smoking F and L crowd we have here). Honda and Toyota's dismal F1 recent record as well as absence from WRC did not help. What the Japs need to do is to go back to FIA GT/ Le Mans in full force and beat the Euros at their own game. I am hoping the FIA GTR is going to do well this year. That will gradually change their attitude about street cars.

Last edited:
"Euro car people still have a hangup about japanese cars (just like the cigar-smoking F and L crowd we have here)."
I drive Japanese cars, have for decades, still do, so I take exception to you comment. Im not a "Euro" car person, I like cars in general. Sounds like you have the hangup.

Yummy Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition

LFA-Nurbyrgring-03.jpg

LFA-Nurbyrgring-01.jpg

LFA-Nurbyrgring-02.jpg

Lexus introduces Nürburgring package for the LFA supercar, aimed at hardcore track driving enthusiasts. The Nürburgring package features are:

New aerodynamic elements for greater downforce, including fixed rear wing
Power increased to more than 562bhp, gearshift times cut to just 0.15 seconds
Nought to 62mph acceleration in 3.7 seconds and top speed of 202mph maintained in spite of higher downforce
Performance package launched in celebration of LFA’s entry in the Nürburgring 24 Hours race
Just 50 examples to be built, within the total LFA production limit of 500 cars.

I wonder what the premium for that package will be - maybe the cost of another LF-A?

Back