• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A Production model pics

Lexus LF-A Production model pic with engine sound at full throttle

Lexus-LF-A10.jpg

Lexus-LFA12.jpg

Lexus-LFA13.jpg

Lexus-LFA11.jpg

Lexus-LFA14.jpg

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...exus-lf-a-prouction-model-caught-testing.html

Last edited:
so can someone tell me why you would spend $500,000 on this car? Several cheaper cars come to mind.... ZR1, GT-R, 458 Italia, Lambo's. Doesn't make sense. Looks cool though

so can someone tell me why you would spend $500,000 on this car? Several cheaper cars come to mind.... ZR1, GT-R, 458 Italia, Lambo's. Doesn't make sense. Looks cool though

If it really is $500K I would completely agree with this. It's ok but it doesnt blow my socks off like some other cars.

Damn, I think the new aggressive front looks pretty awesome. I remember reading that the chassis is carbon (according to one article) so that seems like a reason for the huge cost.

I was tracking this car for a while now - what a disappointment.

Only one hope left - the Toyota FT-HS.

Wait? That's actually the real car? I assumed there was car camo on it. It looks like better camo than most, as in those are actually fake body panels (though they look like they are designed to be real).

Visibility looks like it will be atrocious.

No way this thing sells north of $200K. I imagine it will be priced in line with the R8 if it ever sees the light of day.

If they had put a refreshed turbo inline 6, kept the price at less than the GT-R and called it a Supra they'd sell them all day long. Even if it isn't faster around the ring, nobody would care.

I don't see how BMW can make a 300hp+ turbo inline 6 for under $35K but Toyota can't do it again 15 years later?

I really don't understand the angle Toyota took on this one.

if we agree with the pricing or not, the reason for it is the cost of building a full carbon composite chassis- see how much a lola chassis is and you will know why. is it 'smart' marketing? the buyers will decide.

I think it looks pretty unique and interesting, but considering what's available in the market right now for sports cars, you have to take what you can get. The Viper/Celica crossup can be convincing, but who wouldn't mind a Toyota Viper? Lol. I'm sure the final version will look a whole lot better with the finalized and streamlined details. Overall, I think it will be a beast. It may end up being another 2000GT. I mean it's really ironic that Toyota, was currently the most boring company out there releases an expensive flagship sports car during the falling economy and while Honda that used to deliver inspired vehicles has taken Toyota's route and did a 180 with their designs.

I think everyone is bashing it cause of its price. I also agree with that and anything above $120K for this car is ridiculous. But paying $90K for a 290 HP NSX was the same argument and people still paid for it. As far as a car without a pricetag, I would not mind owning one. I'd take it over the GTR, Viper, ZR1 plus any Vette and possibly R8 anyday. Yes, I cannot say Audi or really any German maker has delivered a BEAUTIFUL car recently. They are all bloated looking and have this akward shape. This can probably be said about most companies today. The detail is there but the form is not. The only thing redeemable about their value is that some have really beautiful interior, like the R8 and of course the performance. This LFA looks somewhat bloated too, but for some reason, it just looks more agile compared to the R8 and I know the interior will be on par if not better than the R8.

Why do I get the feeling, though it looks like a monkey's butt, that this is going to be one terrific car. Perhaps one of the best driver cars of all time.

Just my gut.

I hate to agree with WingZ but... I agree. This thing looks F'in mean!!!! I want it in that color too. No paint!

Yeah driving around with no paint is something your used to:biggrin:

Looks like it got beaten by an ugly stick. I much prefer the original N-ring prototype. This new version looks like something that Pontiac Firebird team would come up with. Too many pits, ducts, flares, knives, forks, and ......
Steve

Back