• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus LF-A Production model pics

Nice! Looks better than I thought it did and the interior is respectable as well.

How much are these supposed to go for again?

PS - nice seeing you posting again, Ken. ;)

I think the car is bad ass and especially in the white.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fTfRh0_RQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This was in the nagtroc thread.

I actually really like the car, inside and out. All backed up by an excellent exhaust note. It is all up to the price now.

I have been enformed from a Lexus representative that the likely sticker price will be under $375,000. I think the LF-A is supposed to compete with cars like the Ferrari Enzo becasue of the 3.5 second 0-60 times and 200+ MPH track speeds. At least Lexus/Toyota has the balls to go all out and make a true exotic car.:biggrin:

sigh....

Honda could have matched and beat this car at a lower price point. HSC fantasies aside, the V10 prototype would have been a great competitor. Honda could have sustained a limited production at 10-20 units per month. Like F1, the decision to cancel this car seems like a case of overreaction to the market and poor long-term business judgment. They say bailing on F1 cost Honda ~ 200 mil in publicity. I wonder what the costs of this decision will end up being in terms of credibility and brand identity?

With the LF-A, Toyota/Lexus has cemented its position as a global auto leader and the top Japanese brand. Honda's recent ill-timed corporate decisions lead me to believe that the company has abandoned any hope of capturing the #1 spot from their rival. The sporting spirit that Mr. Honda incorporated into all of his cars from the Civic to the NSX is gone. It has been replaced by a bland, "safe", design-by-committee range of vehicles that while good are not great. Their focus on green technology at all costs and complete retreat from sporting focus will end up as a costly strategic mistake, which only further allows Toyota to distance themselves ahead. The cool thing about Hondas used to be that they were fuel efficient, but still fun to drive. Now they are just fuel efficient.

The LF-A rules. I would buy one if I had $350,000 to burn. I predict Toyota will sell them all. And Honda, which has a near-production model sitting on the shelf, will sit there and watch Toyota get all the kudos, recognition and praise.

I like the car but the gap at the front of the bonnet makes it look like someone pulled the latch and the hood is popped open. Goofy looking but all around the car is pretty cool looking to me.

sigh....

Honda could have matched and beat this car at a lower price point. HSC fantasies aside, the V10 prototype would have been a great competitor. Honda could have sustained a limited production at 10-20 units per month. Like F1, the decision to cancel this car seems like a case of overreaction to the market and poor long-term business judgment. They say bailing on F1 cost Honda ~ 200 mil in publicity. I wonder what the costs of this decision will end up being in terms of credibility and brand identity?

With the LF-A, Toyota/Lexus has cemented its position as a global auto leader and the top Japanese brand. Honda's recent ill-timed corporate decisions lead me to believe that the company has abandoned any hope of capturing the #1 spot from their rival. The sporting spirit that Mr. Honda incorporated into all of his cars from the Civic to the NSX is gone. It has been replaced by a bland, "safe", design-by-committee range of vehicles that while good are not great. Their focus on green technology at all costs and complete retreat from sporting focus will end up as a costly strategic mistake, which only further allows Toyota to distance themselves ahead. The cool thing about Hondas used to be that they were fuel efficient, but still fun to drive. Now they are just fuel efficient.

The LF-A rules. I would buy one if I had $350,000 to burn. I predict Toyota will sell them all. And Honda, which has a near-production model sitting on the shelf, will sit there and watch Toyota get all the kudos, recognition and praise.

Agreed The ASC could have had the measure of the LFA for much less. As many has have been complaining about the LFA price Hondas car could have looked almost like a bargain.

Toyota has two cars ( LFA and FT-86 ) that everyone is talking about. Somehow "six speed manual hybrid" just doesn't have the same punch:frown:

Hope it's not too late to reverse themselves yet again and dust off a car that was what 99% done and get it back out and testing. Come on Honda not everything has to be a hybrid.

He's a crack baby:biggrin:

That explains a lot :tongue:

The second video is bad ass....I really like the LFA.....if it can outperform the scuderia, 458, lambo lp560 then its worth the price they are asking.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEF0HmLvyV8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEF0HmLvyV8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Considering Honda's future has absolutely no sporting intentions outside of the mighty CRZ and considering the Lexus finished product, I wonder if they'll be any new Honda worth owning and being proud of.

Man, I'm kinda sad.

That explains a lot :tongue:

The second video is bad ass....I really like the LFA.....if it can outperform the scuderia, 458, lambo lp560 then its worth the price they are asking.

I haven't seen laptimes for the 458 but from what I recall the preproduction LFA lapped the ring faster than everything but the Viper ACR.

Not that people in that price range care but it's maintenance should be NSX like reducing ownership costs compared to the others.

Also 458/scuderia weren't it's targets the 599 was.

Yeah, what I mean by that really is look....people are complaining about not having another japanese supercar out there. Now that there is one...no one wants to pay what its worth. If this was a Ferrari then no one would be bitching about the price.

The LFA is bad ass and basically race car everything in a production car.

Now people need to pony up the money and stop being brand snobs....because if they do their homework they will know why the car is so expensive.

Sure the looks are subjective for some, but after finding out how the car is made...now I understand also why its so expensive.

Everyone wants a supercar for cheap......go ask ferrari or lambo to do it...and see what they tell you....tell them you want a 60k supercar made and watch them laugh their ass off and tell you to piss off....:cool:

I think mainly it just comes down to people being prejudice that its an japanese made car......if it was some european brand then people wouldnt be saying as much....

Now people need to pony up the money and stop being brand snobs....I think mainly it just comes down to people being prejudice that its an japanese made car......if it was some european brand then people wouldnt be saying as much....

Golf clap. Well said.

Back