• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lexus RC F

Does not seem they got much traction on the IS F so I hope this will go better for them. I thought they had learned about how to do light weight and great handling from the FR-S but it seems like those lessons were ignored here...

Wow. Is it fair to assume that car makers don't value functional bumpers much anymore? One light tap from parallel parking won't leave a rub mark or broken grille plastic?

I love it, EXCEPT for the axe murderer grille. For me, the grille on the new Lexuses is an exact analog of the Acura beak. I can tolerate it, but it's a distraction in a bad way. The V8 also doesn't rev high enough, but at least it's higher than the old one. (6800->7400) I suppose it gets the job done well enough without revs.

Axe murderer grille, ha ha. I often get too carried away showing displeasure over what I think is bad design (IOS7, the new NSX gash-beak and wheels), but your calling it that finally puts a feeling on exactly why I dislike grilles like this and really any Audi badge-grille copycat - looks like an open gash wound, something incomplete and in need of some continuity (and skin grafts and stitches) between the fenders. Thanks Gansan!

Rant aside, I like the power (5.0 V8? Wow), interior, profile, and lack of fake fender vent foofaroo trim. I can live with an auto here for a DD type car though even some friends back at ford auto trans agree that more than 5 speeds can at times feel like a shift hunting fest and may be more of a marketing thing (corporation p*nis size war). Even if the grille and silly pretentious exhaust tips would prevent me from ever wanting one, I love Lexus's desire and the world's continued interest in making hot cars. Can't wait to make a trip out to naias soon.

Back