• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Listen to this speech by VP

Does it matter? Do you think Honda owes you a model you will never buy? This guy is not even in charge of model development. His job is to sell cars they have, that's it!!!

I bet you they will sell shit load more ZDX than NSX replacement.

Give this topic a rest, let it go; keep on making fun of Honda, or point out flaws (according to your opinion/logic) in speeches of their executives will not revive the dead.

Keep your NSX and be happy. There is a good reason why Honda only sold 300 NSX in 2005 and 2500 S2k in 2008. They aren't that exciting to most people.

Last edited:
They aren't that exciting to most people.

Perhaps, but I think it's more that they are not appealing to most people. Sports cars apparently have been marked as too dangerous, expensive or pointless(why do I need to go fast or weigh in lighter or be more compact?). Hmmm... but somehow the ZDX, another SUV will help perpetuate the economy? The failure of the big 3 was due mainly because of their reliance of the sales of bulky, hungry SUVs. $4 gas tanked that idea and Honda seems to think another SUV is the right step? Can someone please stop selling drugs to the Honda corporate employees? LOL

Sports cars had it right all along. Lightweight = faster and less gas useage, efficient power engines and generally pushed the envelope of technology during the times. If this idea is not exciting to any one person, then they have no business driving a car. Obviously, the finances is what holds people back from obtaining a sports cars the majority of the time, but to say sport cars don't excite people is highly inaccurate.

Give this topic a rest, let it go; keep on making fun of Honda, or point out flaws (according to your opinion/logic) in speeches of their executives will not revive the dead.

Complaining about Honda on NSXprime is no different than yelling at the TV when your favorite sports team does something stupid - fumble, trade the wrong player, etc. How many Ferrari fans were cursing Ferrari F1 when they sent Kimi out on full wet tires when it wasn't even raining yet? We fans think we know better - and perhaps sometimes the fans are right.

Regarding the speach, I watched the first 2-3 minutes live on the web when the ZDX was being unvieled. The first words out of Jeff's mouth where "... Acura is all about continuous progress..." Of course, NSX fans will say "yeah, right" followed by a roll of our eyes.

YAWN

Ok, that was about the most boring video I've ever seen. All they did was talk about how everything looked and blew a lot of emotional, sensual, evocative, BS up my ass.

Cut to the meat of it- a Ecobox wack SUV wack luxury liner wack passenger train is just a fancy way of saying it doesn't do much of anything particularly well so don't buy it.

Personally... I am still holding out real some real excitement... the new Acura XXX

Surely they will run out of all the other combinations here shortly and design something we really want....

Last edited:
I have no doubt they will unshelf the V10 when the time is right.

Just a matter of time before I hear people crying again about this FR Honda super car.

I have no doubt they will unshelf the V10 when the time is right.

Just a matter of time before I hear people crying again about this FR Honda super car.

I never stopped crying after they said "not now":frown:

Back