• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Little leather thing by the door removal?

You know that little rectangle leather strip by the door, above the door sill, next to the seat? How do you remove it? Mine has a few rips on the driver's side and I want to get it recovered. Don't know if the previous owner had big feet or just had spurs.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

:confused:
If you mean the sill cover, which has the gas door release releif in it, it just pulls straight up, releasing its three tension clips as it comes. The gas door lever knob also just pulls off. If you are reffering to something else, I can't picture what you are describing.

MB

On mine, I haven't yet gotten the gas door release knob off, it's so tight. Do you just pull toward the front of the car? :confused:

NSXTech said:
:confused:
If you mean the sill cover, which has the gas door release releif in it, it just pulls straight up, releasing its three tension clips as it comes. The gas door lever knob also just pulls off. If you are reffering to something else, I can't picture what you are describing.

MB

rbirling said:
On mine, I haven't yet gotten the gas door release knob off, it's so tight. Do you just pull toward the front of the car? :confused:

Yes, it just pulls off. Its easier, for leverage, if you lift the lever up as if opening the gas door, and pull briskly.

HTH,
MB

I would think he's more accurately describing the door sill garnish with the leather covering; to rbirling who is having trouble removing the gas-door lever, it is just an interference fit on the shaft (no hidden clips) - if it's really tight, try using a flat screw-driver as a lever to push it straight towards the front. As others suggested, once the lever handle is off, then you just pull up on the leather garnish Doug - it just snaps into place.

D'Ecosse - you described what I wasn't able to. Thanks guys for your insight. I'll just pull it off and recover it.

Doug

and when you put the sill cover back, pull the clips off the tabs and insert them first,, I wondered why my passenger sill was loose, I pulled the clips off and inserted them and its stuck now

Back