• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Long Dollar vs Euro bets

Sig

Experienced Member
I don't believe the dollar will shine against the majority of global currencies... however, I do think the next 3-5 years will provide for appreciation specifically against the euro.

I am going to begin to leg into a long-term long dollar position vs. the euro. Anyone else playing either side of the, if so... what are the vehicles you're using?

The dollar has droped 50% or so against the euro in the last 8 years right? Yeah, it HAS to go up I would think.

That said, I've diversified about 30% of my 401K into foreign mutual funds. Just about every day the dollar drops 1/2 a percent, and just about every day I make money because of that.

I don't believe the dollar will shine against the majority of global currencies... however, I do think the next 3-5 years will provide for appreciation specifically against the euro.

I am going to begin to leg into a long-term long dollar position vs. the euro. Anyone else playing either side of the, if so... what are the vehicles you're using?

I agree that it seems likely that the dollar will improve in value over time. Forgive the novice question, but how do you invest in this?

Just watch oil and gold.. you'll see where people think the dollar is going. There will be short term corrections from time to time, it's impossible to know where it's going based on today's data.

The downside to the dollar is significantly less than the upside at this point. It is also undervalued against the EURO currently.

I agree that it seems likely that the dollar will improve in value over time. Forgive the novice question, but how do you invest in this?

Many ways to skin the currency cat. Currency traders are typically going to use forex to trade the currencies directly. I typically use funds or indexes. There is an ETF for making a long bet on the dollar... UUP. Powershares has a bearish ETF to make bets on the other side. However, they are both generalist bets.

I am more interested in the dollar/euro bet specifically.

You can also purchase other currency at today's rates and wait to convert it back.

Back