• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Long John Silver's menu - does it qualify as food?

In the unforgetable words of Leo Getz aka Joe Pesci

Never go thru the Drive thru because When you go thru the drive thru you get &#@% !!!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 191
A long long time ago, in a land far far away, I use to work for LJS. The quality of the food depends on the oil they cook it in. If the vats have not been cleaned properly, the food will taste awful. If the oil is old, the food will taste bad, if the food cooked in a dirty vat, with dirty oil has been sitting for a while, might as well feed it to your neighbor’s dog.

A good clean vat, with fresh oil can produce "ok" food.

We could not serve broken pieces of fish or chicken. Nor did we get meals for free. So being a young HS student, we would accidentally break the fish and eat it. HAHA.

Leave it to Frank to start a bunch of kooky topics.... It makes me laugh thinking about the stuff he brings up... I will have my pool party before the end of summer and Frank can bring the LJS!!!!!!!!!!!

NsXMas said:
For dinner tonight I went to the best local sushi place, and got 7 pieces of sushi, california roll (came with tuna roll but I'm tired of tuna), delicious hot tea, and 2 cups of miso coup, all for $17. I took the california rolls home for breakfast tomorrow. Money much better spent. :tongue:

Now THAT is a meal...

Philip

NsXMas said:
LOL ya I guess I don't mind throwing away $8.49 after a beautiful day at the beach yesterday.

For dinner tonight I went to the best local sushi place, and got 7 pieces of sushi, california roll (came with tuna roll but I'm tired of tuna), delicious hot tea, and 2 cups of miso coup, all for $17. I took the california rolls home for breakfast tomorrow. Money much better spent. :tongue:

Bro,

Whoever eats day old california rolls for breakfast is a brave soul!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Bro,

Whoever eats day old california rolls for breakfast is a brave soul!
Agreed, sushi is best eaten fresh!! The rice gets hard, the crab or fish gets well yucky, the avocado turns brown and dries out - definately not good eats!! Sushi bar rule #1: never order more than you can eat in one sitting - no leftovers.

Back