• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for 1991-1992 NSX Automatic in Ontario

Hi there,

I am looking for a 1991-1992 NSX Automatic trans. I do not mind the mileage since I am asking for a car over 16 years old. I made a decision not to get manual transmission. :eek: The price range willing to spend is somewhere around the $23000-$28000 CAD max. Please message me if you are letting your NSX go. Hope to hear from you soon and thank you.

Hay
416-602-9836

[email protected]

Last edited:
You'll probably have to go south of the border to get a car in that price range, automatic or otherwise.

The average price for a Canadian 1991-1992 is $35,000-$40,000. I've never seen one advertized for under $30,000cdn in Canada, and I've been watching for 6+ years.

But good luck in your search.

I bought my 1991 Berlina black NSX 7 months ago for $29,000.00 Cdn and this is how it broke down:

Automatic with 200,000 kms
Full Wings West Body Kit
Tein Flex Adjustable Suspension
Dali exhaust
Dali coolant resevoir
19/18 Niche Rhine Rims and tires
New Water Pump
New Timing Belt
New speed sensor
New cam plug seals, valve cover seals/valve adjustment
Tune-up
Alpine DVD/CD Player with Sub
Super Clean interior with some wear on the Driver's bolster
Passenger Side Window Regulator not working

I believe that one can find a great NSX but I know in my heart that it will be found through a private seller!! Dealerships charge too much money and they tend to cover-up certain flaws!! Find someone who loves the NSX for what it is and be patient - good things come to those that wait!!

Dam:cool:

I bought my 1991 Berlina black NSX 7 months ago for $29,000.00 Cdn and this is how it broke down:

Automatic with 200,000 kms
Full Wings West Body Kit
Tein Flex Adjustable Suspension
Dali exhaust
Dali coolant resevoir
19/18 Niche Rhine Rims and tires
New Water Pump
New Timing Belt
New speed sensor
New cam plug seals, valve cover seals/valve adjustment
Tune-up
Alpine DVD/CD Player with Sub
Super Clean interior with some wear on the Driver's bolster
Passenger Side Window Regulator not working

I believe that one can find a great NSX but I know in my heart that it will be found through a private seller!! Dealerships charge too much money and they tend to cover-up certain flaws!! Find someone who loves the NSX for what it is and be patient - good things come to those that wait!!

You want to sell yours to me?
:biggrin:

You'll probably have to go south of the border to get a car in that price range, automatic or otherwise.

The average price for a Canadian 1991-1992 is $35,000-$40,000. I've never seen one advertized for under $30,000cdn in Canada, and I've been watching for 6+ years.

But good luck in your search.

This is good advice. There is a much bigger selection in the US, the prices are lower and you are more likely to find a great car. You may even find a surprise or two, since the autos tend to stay on the market longer and someone is probably getting antsy to sell theirs with the end of summer looming!

Good luck, I'll keep my eyes open.

For the Record:
Hay and I have been talking. He is considering my 92.

I have been shopping lately and resisting a couple of options.
Didn't want to buy something else before I found a home for the current car.
(aka Sue would kill be if I added to the current inventory) :)

Haven't really advertised mine yet, but since Hay's post came along, we have been discussing options. Hay knows that the hood and nose on mine should / could be painted at some point, and its due for a TB/WP.
Other than that, its in pretty good shape. There are enough of you out there that know my car, so if you have any comments that Hay might find useful, fire away.

I've been pumping the NSX club of Canada, and what a great bunch of people everybody is, and expect Hay will join our ranks sooner rather than later.

Then the onus is on me to be NSX(less) for as few hours as possible.

Brad

Hay - if Brad's car is what you are looking for, at a price close to what you're willing to pay, you're extremely lucky to find such a thing already in Canada. Chances are very high that Brad's car is the ONLY car in North America that is so close to fitting your bill. Even if you found one in the US for a few grand less, you'd end up with a US car, probably spend the savings on airfare (it could take you awhile to find the car and I bet you'd see a few duds upfront) and then after other things like the cost of transport and hassels at the border, you would probably find yourself wishing you just bought Brads.

Also, do not discount how important it is that Brad has been involved with the NSX community. It is highly likely that if you find another car that fits your bill as much as Brads does, that it will be from a Joe Schmo who bought it because it looks cool, but doesnt really look after it the way an NSX enthusiast does.

just my $0.02.

Hay..Biobanker is right...buy from a community member...i did, and I am sooooo thankful...they care and love the NSX and see her for what she is!

Good luck!

I have to say that not only have I seen the way Brad (Ody) takes care of his car, but I know it runs well because I see him at events and he drives it out from London to Toronto.

Best to buy from a community member (especially because Brad is committed to buying another one) since he isn't going to hide anything from you since he'll see you socially for years to come.

I know of another Auto thats been sitting around in Oshawa and I saw the damage done to the fender when the car was backed into. I saw how it was repaired (hammered back into shape) - I wouldn't be in a rush for that one - one more tap an then what?

Dave's point is correct - the time, money and effort in shopping and importing a US car isn't worth trading off a little more cash and providence from a known owner.

Due to my financial issues I would not be able to purchase Brad's NSX for now. :( I need around a couple of months in order to purchase his NSX and pay for the taxes. I wish the government did not have to charge any taxes for private sales. He is a great guy and took the time to tell me everything about his car. If he still has it for sale in the next couple of months I will give him a call. Kinda sux because summer is ending soon and I wanna drive it now but I know we can still drive it during the fall which is in a couple of months and I will have all the money for it. :biggrin: Thank you Brad for your time.

Due to my financial issues I would not be able to purchase Brad's NSX for now. :( I need around a couple of months in order to purchase his NSX and pay for the taxes. I wish the government did not have to charge any taxes for private sales. He is a great guy and took the time to tell me everything about his car. If he still has it for sale in the next couple of months I will give him a call. Kinda sux because summer is ending soon and I wanna drive it now but I know we can still drive it during the fall which is in a couple of months and I will have all the money for it. :biggrin: Thank you Brad for your time.

Regardless - join the club and start coming out to our events!:smile:

Back