• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Looking for 92-2002 NSX in Ontario

Looking for 91-2005 NSX in Canada

Looking for 91-2005 NSX

Are you thinking of selling your 91-2005 NSX ? If so, contact me via PM or email me. ([email protected]).

I have widened my search to include NA1's.

Your NSX

year: '91 to 2005
color: ANY
location: in Canada (avoiding USA cars as its almost another 30% - taxes/duties/exchange rate/travel/shipping, )
Price: fair market pricing of NA1/NA2s sold in the past few years.

in addition,
-----------------------
- car must be out of the snap ring range (or have had it fixed with documentation)
- no accidents - CLEAN title a must
- is up to date with maintenance , with service records to prove the car was loved and not neglected
- cannot have more than approx 50k KILOMETERS (if NA2), up to 150k KILOMETERS (if NA1) on the odometer.
- tasteful mods (including aftermarket wheels) are fine, provided they are tastefully done.

please ONLY contact me if you are
- are aware of the actual selling prices of nsxs (based upon year/milage/condition). i am not out to waste your time to lowball or insult anyone, but please do not approach me if your attitude is "i dont really feel like selling my 275km nsx, but for 40 grand its yours"
- SERIOUS about selling (i have read my share of annoying stories re sellers would try to gouge the potential owner with 30% price increases since they are not 'sure' if they want to sell.)

i am an adult buyer, cash in hand, ready to buy and am NOT out to waste your time. i expect you to do the same

thank you prime, thank you Bram and thank you myw

-Simon

- - - Updated - - -

91-2005.. edited

- - - Updated - - -

91-2005 edited

Last edited:
Keep patient spring will be here soon... The sports car owners wanting to sell will flood the market then. Good luck sumon

You need to be willing to travel for the right car. Simon, your ad reads like it needs to be in ON.

Currency has moved against you for the US recently but I'd ammend your post to include cars that may not be near.

I would also like to thank Bram and mvw!

You need to be willing to travel for the right car. Simon, your ad reads like it needs to be in ON.
!

Dave is right , actually I had told Simon that out of provinces is identical taxes to ontario so I think he forgot to remove the ON stipulation.

Currency has moved against you for the US recently but I'd ammend your post to include cars that may not be near.

I would also like to thank Bram and mvw!

amended. thanks for that myw and bio. Interesting how NSX deals can only happen in the spring, yet i"ve been chit chatting with all kinds of Porsche owners.. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, we still have 6 ft plus snow banks here, so it maybe more that a few months (hope not).

Bram

Bram can you adjust the "title" and remove "in Ontario".. my bad..

thanks

Lots of 91's out there.
Any reason you excluded them?

Yeah :frown:, I'll make sure Xena doesn't read this.
Also, you've got 92-2002 in the title, your post says 2005, just a heads up!

I'm guessing no 91's to avoid snap-ring issues? I think some 92's are plagued by this as well, and not all 91's have snap-syndrome.

If it is any indication looking at US sales:
If you include 91's in your search, you'll expand your options by over 50%..

Godspeed with your search!

Lucas

Actually, only later production 91's MY are affected by the Snap Ring issue, however, most 92 MY falls into the Snap Ring range.

Simon, you would be very surprise by the condition of some 91's, so I would not rule this MY out from your search....

Bram

A few facts.
These number exclude NSX's imported into Canada from the US.

By eliminating 91 NSX's in your initial search you eliminated 409 NSX's or 59 % of all NSX's sold in Canada.
From MY92-MY05 on there were only 311 NSX's sold.
Why would a 91 be that much more beat up than a 92?

Regarding the snap ring issue, any NSX running today doesn't have a snap ring issue.
It's either been repaired by now or the transmission is fine regardless of the trans. number.

You ad reads very rigid, in other words "meet my conditions or move along".
I'm not sure you'll attract the car you're looking for with that approach.

For example my 91 (which you initially excluded) was purchased new and I have all records etc. etc.
It's a good car but won't meet your mileage requirement having 160 k km on it now.
To turn down a one owner car because it's a 91 with 10 k km over some arbitrary limit doesn't make sense to me and may explain the dearth of interest in your ad.

great points jd, but from what i am reading, the ad states 'approx' milage. i dont think its an iron fisted approach; and your lovely car would more then qualify!

A few facts.
These number exclude NSX's imported into Canada from the US.

By eliminating 91 NSX's in your initial search you eliminated 409 NSX's or 59 % of all NSX's sold in Canada.
From MY92-MY05 on there were only 311 NSX's sold.
Why would a 91 be that much more beat up than a 92?

Regarding the snap ring issue, any NSX running today doesn't have a snap ring issue.
It's either been repaired by now or the transmission is fine regardless of the trans. number.

You ad reads very rigid, in other words "meet my conditions or move along".
I'm not sure you'll attract the car you're looking for with that approach.

For example my 91 (which you initially excluded) was purchased new and I have all records etc. etc.
It's a good car but won't meet your mileage requirement having 160 k km on it now.
To turn down a one owner car because it's a 91 with 10 k km over some arbitrary limit doesn't make sense to me and may explain the dearth of interest in your ad.

great points jd, but from what i am reading, the ad states 'approx' milage. i dont think its an iron fisted approach; and your lovely car would more then qualify!

Here's the quote from the ad "cannot have more than approx. 50k KILOMETERS (if NA2), up to 150k KILOMETERS (if NA1) on the odometer.
I read that as an NA2 with up to say 52 k km and an NA1 with no more than 150 k km. "Cannot" is a strong word.

I'm not suggesting my car for the OP just pointing out if the approach is too rigid sellers will be alienated/eliminated.
His statements as to how the sellers are to conduct themselves would keep me from offering a car.
You don't have to lecture sellers on what prices to charge.
As the buyer, you have the right to politely decline to pay what you feel is an unfair price.

The other thing to remember is the OP started out with Ontario only NA2 on.
That's 49 cars for all of Canada
If we assume 1/3 of NSX were in Ontario than the OP started his search with a population of about 16-17 cars available (plus US imports)
Are we surprised no cars were offered?

Then he opens it to 92-2005 which adds about 85 more Ontario cars to the available pool.
Finally we are at MY91 on, Canada wide, which is 698 cars in total (less write-offs, exports etc.) but with restrictions on km.
However the ad still reads Ontario so 2/3 of potential sellers won't bother looking.

I think the buyer needs to understand Canadian NSX's are very rare cars!

I think if you are a buyer in Canada you need to decide if you want a Canadian car or a US import.
If you want a Canadian car you have 698 or less to chose from so be reasonable.
You can expect to pay more for a Canadian car.

Once he decides on a local or imported car then he needs to find an NSX with:
1) All maintenance done
2) Close to stock as possible (keep away from the Fast & Furious models)
3) Garage kept.
4) Lowest mileage available

Were I him I'd delete this ad and start again in the wanted to buy section

Last edited:
i don't see whats the big deal here.

re us vs cdn car, i dont think he really cares, as long as the car is already registered in canada. as dave has mentioned, he just wants to avoid the importation process of usa. i could be wrong but i cant see how a usa vs canadian car for a car this old and rare would have a stiffling effect on the cars value.

re the nitpicking re the stats of the available cars out there, i dont think he really knows of the stats nor did he care (is this kind of data common knowledge for even for nsx owners??). when i saw his post re limiting the year at 2002, i told him that 2002/2005 should roughly be approx. the same price and that even some 05's would be about a decade old if manufactured in '04. bram/dave/lucas/myself mention that out Ontario vs rest of canada makes no diff re taxation as well as quality condition of many 91s; so he changed his parameters to include all of canada and all nsx years. yes he didnt include 91s (not sure why) originally, but by the time you are breaking down his post; he had already made the amendments that you are criticizing.

re passing judgement re no cars being offered thus far, the wtb post has been up for a whopping 4 days .... there have been ads on prime where i have seen some cars taking up to 4 years (many times less, but sometimes even longer) to sell. i think its reasonable to say that this ad needs some more time... those i know personally who have been interested in selling thier nsx's in the recent past, it's not really on their minds right now since the cars are currently stored, not to mention the freezing cold weather and 7 ft pile snowbanks here. logistically speaking, selling the car in this type of weather doesn't even make sense for a seller.

during my search i had some nice primers contacting me wanting to sell their car (while knowing that it wasnt the specs what i was looking for), no harm in that. we friendly chatted without any hard feelings either way.

based on the tone of your post, it reads like you are taking personal offense from his post, which i don't think is simon's intent at all.

Here's the quote from the ad "cannot have more than approx. 50k KILOMETERS (if NA2), up to 150k KILOMETERS (if NA1) on the odometer.
I read that as an NA2 with up to say 52 k km and an NA1 with no more than 150 k km. "Cannot" is a strong word.

I'm not suggesting my car for the OP just pointing out if the approach is too rigid sellers will be alienated/eliminated.
His statements as to how the sellers are to conduct themselves would keep me from offering a car.
You don't have to lecture sellers on what prices to charge.
As the buyer, you have the right to politely decline to pay what you feel is an unfair price.

The other thing to remember is the OP started out with Ontario only NA2 on.
That's 49 cars for all of Canada
If we assume 1/3 of NSX were in Ontario than the OP started his search with a population of about 16-17 cars available (plus US imports)
Are we surprised no cars were offered?

Then he opens it to 92-2005 which adds about 85 more Ontario cars to the available pool.
Finally we are at MY91 on, Canada wide, which is 698 cars in total (less write-offs, exports etc.) but with restrictions on km.
However the ad still reads Ontario so 2/3 of potential sellers won't bother looking.

I think the buyer needs to understand Canadian NSX's are very rare cars!

I think if you are a buyer in Canada you need to decide if you want a Canadian car or a US import.
If you want a Canadian car you have 698 or less to chose from so be reasonable.
You can expect to pay more for a Canadian car.

Once he decides on a local or imported car then he needs to find an NSX with:
1) All maintenance done
2) Close to stock as possible (keep away from the Fast & Furious models)
3) Garage kept.
4) Lowest mileage available

Were I him I'd delete this ad and start again in the wanted to buy section

- - - Updated - - -

this cannot be more true. i test drove nick's rebuilt imola 35km 04 and was heartbroken then drove turtles 91 and was amazed and englightened.

its 1000% about the previous owner imo.

Simon, you would be very surprise by the condition of some 91's, so I would not rule this MY out from your search....

Bram

based on the tone of your post, it reads like you are taking personal offense from his post, which i don't think is simon's intent at all.

No offence at all.
I would like the buyer to find a good NSX to look after
I wanted to point out that NSX's are rare, particularly non-imported ones, and sometimes we need to keep an open mind on how to find our ideal car.
Perhaps my choice of words was not the best

Back