• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a boat

check out the cigarette 35' ! stepped hull, twin 502 , reliable with engine warranty and will do 80 mph.

robr said:
For 100K, for you and your friends to have fun.... build a big ass outdoor theater with an inground pool and outdoor bar/grille from CalSpa if your current house allows it. Party central!!

This project starts with the pool on June 15th in my back yard. Also putting up a pool house and a new 6 car garage.:biggrin: Wife is most excited about the pool, I am laying awake at night day dreaming about the garage!

Ryanmcd2 said:
I have been in boats for about 20 years just never owned one. I guess it's like the jackasses that get a 900CC bike and drive home in flip flops lol

I was recently talking to a friend who used to be in the coast guard and told me a story of a guy who put his $160K dollar boat into the dock because he could not find the brakes. A guy with more money then brains ..You just cant make this stuff up.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I have always found that no matter how big a boat looks on land it will anyway look small in the water. If you have not spent alot of time piloting a boat I hope you will take a approved boating coarse and spend time learning the waters where you plan to spend time in. I have found that boating can be costly and dangerious when not properly trained and experienced at it. It almost cost me my life so take it from someone who knows the dangers of the water.

I couldn't agree more. The Coast Guard conducts safety and basic seamanship courses that are free, all you pay for are books. Actually, I think it should be required before piloting a boat, just like a drivers license.

As a former boat owner, I agree with the phrase, "It's smarter to charter."

steveny said:
This project starts with the pool on June 15th in my back yard. Also putting up a pool house and a new 6 car garage.:biggrin: Wife is most excited about the pool, I am laying awake at night day dreaming about the garage!

Let me know when the outdoor theater is done.... roadtrip!!! :)

robr said:
Let me know when the outdoor theater is done.... roadtrip!!! :)

I am thinking of just hanging a 42 plasma in the pool house. Will the winter weather damage the Plasma?

Back