• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a good kit

This is directed towards the detailing professionals we have on this forum.

Basically, I'd like to get a critique on this kit by Zaino. My nsx was buffed years back with a mirror finish. Now, the car has fine swirl marks (no deep scratches) and I'd like to get rid of them. Would this kit be good for me? I'll be using a PC7424 only.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...de=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=0

Is there a better kit or list of products that I could use for or around this price? I'm not trying to be cheap by any means but like I mentioned the swirls are very fine so this seemed enough. :tongue:

Thanks guys!

Sorry but that kit will not do anything for your swirls, what you need is an abrasive polish to buff them out with, then use the Zaino for protecting the new finish.

If it were me I'd try some Menz IP or SIP with a white pad first to see how well it cut them, if that doesn't do the trick step up to an orange pad and try SIP or Meg's M105.

That should do it, then step it down one time with a lighter combo like M205 and or Menz 106.

That should remove the swirls depending on how bad they are, then rewash it to remove all the lubes left behind and throw a few coats of Z5/Z2 on there.

Josh

How about Griot's Garage kits with pads and polish? I just picked up the Griot's polisher machine with 3 orange pads. I also have the CG polish/wax kit. Hope it helps with the scratches and swirls. I was going to also use it on my D.D. but not sure which pad to use for the oxidized top.

How about Griot's Garage kits with pads and polish? I just picked up the Griot's polisher machine with 3 orange pads. I also have the CG polish/wax kit. Hope it helps with the scratches and swirls. I was going to also use it on my D.D. but not sure which pad to use for the oxidized top.

What year, make and model is your DD?? Certain brands and years have harder and softer clear coats so it will make a difference when giving advise.

How badly is it oxidized? paint pealing off or just hazing and dull?

If you're only using an orbital machine, depending on the car and damage I'd say hit it with a harsh cutting pad and a heavy compound, then step it down with a lighter pad and polish, continue that process as many times as needed to correct the oxidation.

Josh

What year, make and model is your DD?? Certain brands and years have harder and softer clear coats so it will make a difference when giving advise.

How badly is it oxidized? paint pealing off or just hazing and dull?

If you're only using an orbital machine, depending on the car and damage I'd say hit it with a harsh cutting pad and a heavy compound, then step it down with a lighter pad and polish, continue that process as many times as needed to correct the oxidation.

Josh

Thanks josh. The D.D. is my 91 Legend Red coupe. No paint peeling, just haze and cloudy white. I'll be using the P.C.7424 buffer. Not sure what pads do what. I currently have the CG 3 step polish and wax kit and I also have some P&S compound I can try 1st. Do you recommend another type of machine.

Thanks josh. The D.D. is my 91 Legend Red coupe. No paint peeling, just haze and cloudy white. I'll be using the P.C.7424 buffer. Not sure what pads do what. I currently have the CG 3 step polish and wax kit and I also have some P&S compound I can try 1st. Do you recommend another type of machine.

If you've already got the PC stick with it unless you have a rotary and experience working with a rotary?

Not sure what pads you have but you should be able to tell just by feeling them based on how dense/firm they are or how soft they are.

The firmer ones are cutting pad, the soft ones are more for waxing and non abrasive products.

Do you have any pics? It's really hard to just say "use this product with this pad", every car is different and you will have to play around with it till you find the right combo.

No cookie cutter process unfortunately.

I'd try a cutting pad with a cutting compound to get started if it's that badly oxidized.

Josh

Back