• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for CF interior

Anybody know where i can get a "complete" interior CF trim set? i want as much as i can get for a 91.... Console, a&b pillars, sills, clusters, door inserts, arm rest etc....

and not a wrap but the actual pieces.

I know only Dali. Any other suppliers?

The Umbrella parts look superb but aren't they also overlay parts?

There are very few 'replacement' parts for the NSX interior and for such low volume the tooling simply doesn't cost in for the good CF guys like SOS, Procar and previously Downforce.

Its either going to be a project for a small company or DIY

Why are you against wrapping? Wrapping your OEM pieces insures OEM fitment while retaining OEM mounting tabs.

Why are you against wrapping? Wrapping your OEM pieces insures OEM fitment while retaining OEM mounting tabs.
Because overlay/wrapping is just rice.:biggrin:
The true purpose of real CF parts is to save weight. Overlays are only cosmetic and only add more weight. Granted, most people use CF for cosmetic reason though.
Steve

Because overlay/wrapping is just rice.:biggrin:
The true purpose of real CF parts is to save weight. Overlays are only cosmetic and only add more weight. Granted, most people use CF for cosmetic reason though.
Steve

Are you actually being serious???? You are talking about grams and ounces. Skip lunch before you goto the track to pretend to be Joe race car driver and get your parts overlaid and not worry about it.

Personally, I think the brushed aluminum look nice and pays better homage to the car. If your console and door inserts are in good shape, you can always spend a few hours sanding off the paint down to the foil plating. :biggrin:

DSCF2195sm.jpg

Personally, I think the brushed aluminum look nice and pays better homage to the car. If your console and door inserts are in good shape, you can always spend a few hours sanding off the paint down to the foil plating. :biggrin:

DSCF2195sm.jpg
Those look amazing. Is that paint/tape, ect?

Those look amazing. Is that paint/tape, ect?

The is what the factory ones like under the paint (with some careful sanding, a scotch bright pad and some clear laquer). They have a foil plating over the plastic from the factory.

Are you actually being serious???? You are talking about grams and ounces. Skip lunch before you goto the track to pretend to be Joe race car driver and get your parts overlaid and not worry about it.
Of course I am serious. Some people only want to have the real deal instead of buying overlays. That's why NSX-R got some real CF stuffs instead of just some cheapie overlays. Yes, it is ounces here and there but that's what partially make the NSX-R a NSX-R. I don't supposed you would tell a NSX-R buyer just to lose his beer belly instead of paying the premium. Why buy the real Vuitton if one can have the Chinese fakes for 5% of the real thing's price. :rolleyes:
Steve

Contact MA Carbon. They can do the job for you.They do interiors for all of the top-end cars and their work is top notch. A good friend of mine does cf workfor them and his stuff is ,without a doubt, the best I've ever seen.

Op asking for prices that are not carbon fiber in an NSX-R...and do I understand you correctly when you say real carbon overlaid parts are rice and that wet laid real carbon that looks exactly the same is not? I don't quite understand that logic.

I actually do overlays. And as others have posted there really isn't anything out there for good quality replacement parts with a close to perfect fitment. Procar would be your best bet. They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

On a console I did recently it actually gained 36 grams. While this may not be alot I can empathize with guys that want to shave weight. You look at a nsx-r just the shift boot alone is made of thinner fabric shaving 5 grams(?).

Are any nsx-r interior pieces made from Carbon fiber?(aside from the seats) I was just always under the impression they used plastic.

I am using a shop literally 10 mins. from my house. As many of you know I am used to Ravi's work, Umbrella Autodesign, he was one of the best. I have contacted many vendors even some of the big names that deal with Lamborghini, and Ferrari, but stated that they could not overlay any parts covered in foam, such as he glove box door, and center console lid. I gave this vendor a shot near my house, and he has exceeded my expectations. The weave is perfect, and everthing that he has done for me so far even matches my center console that I have bought from Ravi 2 years ago. Many of you guys know haw picky, I am. If you would like infor please pm me. You will not be disappointed. Frank

Back