• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for hub centric ring

Anyone has recommendation for wheel/tire shop around OC that can get hub centric rings?

I have after market Advan model 5 17/18 wheels, and the plastic hub centric rings that came with the wheels are in pretty bad shape. It seems no ones uses the plastic ones anymore, and I am having a hard time locating a shop that can get me some. I heard aluminum ones are better, which I was quote $60 for a set.

Any suggestion or recommendation will be much appreciated.

I purchased a set from Science of Speed. They are aluminum and of superior quality for $20. I believe Discount Tire also sells them for less. However, I believe you need to buy two sets to get the different sizes for front and rear, the reason I simply ordered them from SOS.

I got a set of plastic ones at the Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim a few years ago. I don't think they have aluminum ones. You do probably need to get two different sizes as suggested. They were pretty cheap. And yes I think that the aluminum ones are better. I don'ts remember what sizes I needed to get for my Advan Model 5. Tell me if you need that info.

Rod

just wanted to share from a personal experience. first of all the alum rings are far superior. with that said, i once had plastic rings on a different car and wondered after a few hundred miles my car would start vibrating (as if a weight flew off the wheels). i took off the wheels and the plastic rings were chewed up.

point being... i was using incorrect lug nuts and the wheels were designed to be lug centric. the plastic ring (for my specific wheel) was only to center the wheel during mounting/dismounting. also glad the lesson learned was on a different car and not the NSX. hope you don't have this problem.

Unless you track the cars, the plastic rings are fine for street use. The primary purpose of the rings is to center the wheels. Just make sure you have the right size for the wheels.

If the plastic rings are damaged within short distance, something is wrong....

Back