• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for references on maverick

hi,

i'm looking for some feedback on a guy who is currently selling nsx parts named maverick. he sounds legit but i wanted to check with the group prior to sending my cashier's check.

you can email me directly at [email protected]

thanks!

mario

Maybe you're referring to one of these:

photos.jpg

mavs_hp_hdr7.jpg

mavwww.jpg

biggrin.gif

i had a deal worked out with him but I HAD TO BACK OUT. he seemed totally legit. he apparently deals with exotic parts and has a warehouse in vegas and l.a. area. since my dad has a place in vegas i was going to have his delivery guy drop off the parts at my folks and have him inspect before paying. maverick was totally fine with this arrangement, thus making me feel a bit at ease.

nonetheless, the deal fell through since i couldn't access the funds at the time.

so, seems like a safe bet from my perspective.

Call larry Garcia from NSX modified. I was going to do some business with Maverick and was told to check with larry because they knew each other.

My experience with Maverick was brief. I agreed on a price with him for some body panels. It was a very good deal. I told him i would mail him the money. 4 days later - MY FAULT! I finally got around to calling Larry for a reference. larry really didn't glow over his name, but also didn't give any negative feed back either. I missed Mavericks call as to whether I still wanted the parts on day five. I called him on day six, he said the parts were already sold. So, was the price too low and he found someone who would buy them for more? Maybe. Did he really sell them - possibly. Could he have waited that ONE more day... YES. It takes at least four days for the mail to get to California from Houston anyway! Deals dead, I'm still looking for parts.

Did this help? Hopefully at least a little?

I have a deal going thru with him right now. I will let you know how it turns out. He seemed very helpful on the phone, but you never know these days. I usually trust anyone who parts with NSX stuff. Because we are the BEST, right?

It would be wise to know the person before
cracking jokes at his expense.

First of all, I think it is spelled
Mavrick. Second, that is the name he goes by when he breaks people's bones in the Kage Kombat matches. Those of you who are into watching the series and others like UFC already know who he is.
Larry has an autographed picture of him at his shop.
We've met and he's a very nice guy, but I wouldn't be making any cracks at his expense.
http://www.kagekombat.com/fighters.htm
scroll down for his picture

He does own a shop and he is also the guy with the first, prototype single turbo that Larry was working on. Some time ago he was taking people for rides at one of the monthly meetings. Many of you who have been to some monthly meetings at NSX Modified have met him.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 28 July 2002).]

Originally posted by ilya:
It would be wise to know the person before
cracking jokes at his expense...

I can't see anybody being upset at the images we linked to. In no way did we make fun of this individual - just the various references to other items with this unusual name.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back