• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for tire suggestions based on real world experience...

I have a 92 with 17/17 setup just like the newer NSX's. I put Nitto on this last go round, and have had TCS issues with them pretty bad, and don't like the feel anyways. Time for new. I was going to go with the factory stock size Bridgestone REO40's like on the new ones. I know I have other options, a guy at Firestone suggested a Bridgestone Fuzion ZR1 tire that is quite a bit cheaper. Price is not so much a factor, but would like to keep it under $1000 for all new. I daily drive this car, and don't want TCS issues again either...any input on this issue would be helpful...215/40 17 on front, and 255/40 17 on back. Thanks in advance

Well first of all you should not have ANY TCS issues with those sizes?????? Define "your" TCS issues.

Also here are my personal suggestions for oem sizing.....

High end
S03's
F1 GS-D3's

OEM are still great
RE040's

Budget (but still great)
Yoko ES100

My personal favorite dark horse tire
Sumitomo HTRZII (believe it or not, these will run almost right with the S03's)

I sell tons of the above, and never heard any negative issues with these picks.

Thanks...actually I put 225/40 17 up front when I put the Nitto on...that's more likely the reason the TCS would flicker on when I would push it in second gear after I first got them. As they have worn it has pretty much forced me to disable the TCS. I thought I might have a sensor issue problem, and still might, but the dealer did a quick look and they didn't see anything wrong or trouble codes, but didn't dig in too deep, they didn't charge me to look while it was in for something else. But it's time for new ones, and thought I would fix that issue too probably if I did rolling stock. Thanks for your input on this....

Goodyears are the way to go...

Goodyear F1 GS-D3's, definitely. I have same size wheels as you (OEM 02+ size). I got them from TireRack, 215/40 17 and 255/40 17 (Z-rated) for about $595'ish (total w/ shipping) two months or so ago, along w/ $75/gas-card for free. TireRack often has promotions, rebates, cash-back specials w/ 4-tire purchases. I actually had to pay a bit extra for shipping in-fact, due to Louisiana warehouse being affected by the Hurricaines. Otherwise the total shoudld've been $585'ish... :cool:

RP-Motorsports can give you slightly better price than above (but no promotions, rebates, or cash-back, etc. though).

My plan is to get a set of OEM '02+ wheels, in addition to my current aftermarket 17/17's. And I want to try either the Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 or Advan A048/A032 R-compounds on those wheels... :biggrin:

(FYI: there is a special on TireRack for the A032's)

The Goodyear F1 GS-D3 came in 1st place out of 11 tires tested in decembers issue of CAR and DRIVER. Get the issue I think it'll help you make your decision on what tire fits your needs ;)

Re: Goodyears are the way to go...

Osiris_x11 said:
Goodyear F1 GS-D3's, definitely. I have same size wheels as you (OEM 02+ size). I got them from TireRack, 215/40 17 and 255/40 17 (Z-rated) for about $595'ish (total w/ shipping) two months or so ago, along w/ $75/gas-card for free. TireRack often has promotions, rebates, cash-back specials w/ 4-tire purchases. I actually had to pay a bit extra for shipping in-fact, due to Louisiana warehouse being affected by the Hurricaines. Otherwise the total shoudld've been $585'ish... :cool:

RP-Motorsports can give you slightly better price than above (but no promotions, rebates, or cash-back, etc. though).

My plan is to get a set of OEM '02+ wheels, in addition to my current aftermarket 17/17's. And I want to try either the Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 or Advan A048/A032 R-compounds on those wheels... :biggrin:

(FYI: there is a special on TireRack for the A032's)

Clarification. I do offer "specials" better than the site specials, but I can not offer the gas cards, or rebates.

ie when a tire is on sale, or on special, my price also drops below my normal price.

Back