• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lookout !! Sweetchuck's comin to Melbourne!

Never been before, my son moved to St Kilda 2 months ago so me and the fam are going down for a week or so to visit mid August sometime . I wanted to go to Phuket like usual but I'm not allowed to this year I must have way too much fun for the missus to bare :biggrin:

So what's to do in Melbourne ?

I'm going to take the 3 year old to the Zoo

Want to take a rent a bomb up to Mt buller for a night or 2, see if I can ski and show the kids that snow is cold and white.

I'd love to drive this great ocean road I hear about , but would want something sporty for that, like perhaps,,, gee I dunno an NSX!!

Any other family sort of things to do would be great , but I know nothing of Melbourne. Any local advice from you guys would be great.

Have to catch up with John too ! I'd like to meet you all but probably won't have the time :frown:

Thanks

I would prefer thailand than melb.
Damm cold here now!
The great ocean road has some wicked corners and amazing views.
Also you could try the black spur road. its up in the dandenong ranges.
stunning part of victoria. its a mountain road with many places to stop off at.
One of my favorites:smile:
Ben

I would prefer thailand than melb.
Damm cold here now!

I don't mind the cold, seen it snow here in Toowoomba before for about 5 minutes in 1985 , I get hyperactive in winter it warms me up, tropics can also make me lazy and drink gallons of beer. Been to Thredbo, not much snow at the time though, I want to see blizzard conditions just once.

Should I come down closer to summer ? I've got this picture in my head of everyone in beenies, cold and cranky watching grown men kicking little egg shaped balls through sticks in an oval arena thingy :biggrin:

Last edited:
I would'nt of mentioned it but you said you dont mind the cold, but phillip island is a nice spot, great surf, but the penguin parade perhaps for your kids. Plus depending on when you come down you can check if there are any events on at the phillip island race track, there's go karts there as well where you can take passengers, but i think 3 is to young =(

my 2c

Hey Ricky got your e-mail, that's great!

Maybe we could arrange a meet up for lunch at the weekend you're here, 13th or 14th August?

Anyone else interested in meeting up with Ricky on either of those dates?

Yes Melbourne can be expensive and cold!

Zoo is great, some new indoor exhibits in the last few years too.

Not sure what time you're leaving on the Tuesday but for a petrolhead The Fox Classic Car Collection is the best (almost) free entertainment in Melbourne and I think the only place in Australia where you can check out all Ferrari's modern supercars. Plus it's indoors. But only open Tuesdays:
http://www.foxcollection.org.au/the_cars.html
Happy to meet up there too if you can make it.

Another suggestion for free entertainment if you have wheels is the RAAF museum at Point Cook. If your 3 year old is a boy this might be fun couple of hours checking out the fighter planes.

The Great Ocean Road IMHO is only worthwhile if the weather's fine. Otherwise your idea of heading up to Mt Buller to experience the snow would be a good way to turn the cold weather into a positive thing.

Let's see how many others are interested in meeting up, hopefully we can do lunch on either 13th or 14th down St Kilda way somewhere?

All the best

John

Thanks John , I don't have any time specific things planned, on the weekend I will be free as my son has to work, he's a chef in St Kilda , hope we get discounted meals :biggrin: Thats a shame about the great ocean road , is it a summer time thing? I fly out on Tuesday the 16th so car show is out, I think we will find plenty to do, may not have to worry about going to the snow , I think its going to snow here today , my god its cold !!!!

Would be great to catch up

Arrived Wednesday, strange weather down here, everyone is really nice so far but I'm sure they think people from QLD are backwards idiots for some reason :biggrin:
I've been driving around the city , and drove to the Zoo, its a piece of piss. Gotta get my head around the left hand turn thing

I'm still ok for lunch in St kilda on Sunday if anyone wants to catch up at the street cafe Corner of fitzroy st and esplanade , I checked out there is parking round the back in Acland St.

John I've got your home Number only ,I'll give you a bell later ro just PM me here, I know your not on prime much lately though

OK, Great! See you at:

The Street Cafe (Corner of Fitzroy St and Esplanade).

in St Kilda

around 2pm tomorrow Sunday 14th

Hope the others can make it too! If parking is busy outside the cafe, Pier Road along the oceanfront might be a good option.

Hey Ricky wear your sunglasses upside down so we can recognise you. It's a common Melbourne thing. :smile:

Hi Ricky,

It was good to meet you earlier today and also great to catch up with John and Sarah.

In relation to the i-pod adaptor the part is as follows:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="96%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="prodName" scope="col">USA Spec PA11-HON </td> <td class="prodName" scope="col">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" scope="col">
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" class="prodCatDesc">1991-2004 Acura & Honda iPod to Car Interface + Auxilliary Audio Input **Includes 5V iPod charging cable** </td> <td class="prodCatDesc">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="middle">
I think they cost about $100.00

Regards,

David
</td> <td align="right" height="37" width="296"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Hi Ricky,

It was good to meet you earlier today and also great to catch up with John and Sarah.

In relation to the i-pod adaptor the part is as follows:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="96%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="prodName" scope="col">USA Spec PA11-HON </td> <td class="prodName" scope="col">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" scope="col">
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" class="prodCatDesc">1991-2004 Acura & Honda iPod to Car Interface + Auxilliary Audio Input **Includes 5V iPod charging cable** </td> <td class="prodCatDesc">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="middle">
I think they cost about $100.00

Regards,

David
</td> <td align="right" height="37" width="296"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks David , Pleasure meeting you guys today. Will look into the adaptor. Right now I'm nursing a hardon after going for a spin in Johns 360 ! Can't get the sound out of my head. Schemes are afoot :biggrin:

Hi Ricky,

You're right, it's a stunning looking car and sounds sensational, especially when it cops a bit of stick. I could hear it all the way through the mountains on the last cruise we had - music to my ears!!!

Good luck with the plans, although I don't like your chances getting that one over the line with a 3-month old baby, nonetheless, no harm in trying.

All the best,

David.

Back