• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lotus Elise?

Any thoughts? Btw... this will be her daily driver.

The lotus was on my short list when looking for a new car. Here are the things I would tell you to research:

- Cost of an oil change
- Problems with car not starting
- Problems with car not unlocking
- Problems with A/C
- Problems with bolts poping through bodywork

Just go to the lotus forums and search for that stuff and that may make up your mind right there.

You guys are HALarious....:biggrin:
I can always count on this forum to give me nothing but the truth.
Thanks for the honest opinions. We love the NSX and was originally meant to be her DD. She then decided that it's too flashy for work.
So lately we've been thinking about dumping the G for something more fun and less of on the road.

Never thought about the getting in and out part.... I'm getting visuals.
No Elise for her.

Hmmm.... I guess we are back to square one. I still love to see more thoughts if anyone else care to chime in.

Too flashy for work? What does she do?

That bad hah? It's good to know that you had owned one. Anything that you can share. Is it the ride,build quality,maintenance???

I thought "POS" summed it up? :wink: :biggrin:

I do like the look of the new exige 240S or whatever it's called. However, I think I'd like that targa top more if I owned one...too bad you can't have it both ways.

My friend Sarah over in the UK just traded here FIAT coupe for this Elise and she love's it and it's a DD.

Attachments

• aV5cdgxS-9da5c120e2bed184d37ce8cc5c4a82c9.jpg
    aV5cdgxS-9da5c120e2bed184d37ce8cc5c4a82c9.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 114
  • exige%20side%20small.JPG
    exige%20side%20small.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 317
Exige is one BAD B!TCH, way nice than the elise.

What could possibly be that wrong with it???? It's running a Toyota power plant, and maybe drive train. I'm guessing electrical???? Not much left in a car like that lol.

attachment.php

Sweet!!! If I didn't already own an NSX, I'd consider one of those! Very cool.

Yeah, me too. The 240S is a nice cheap track car that shouldnt embarass its drivers like the previous ExigeS did (on the straight).

And its small enough that you can stuff it in a drawer when its not needed.

Exige is one BAD B!TCH, way nice than the elise.

What could possibly be that wrong with it???? It's running a Toyota power plant, and maybe drive train. I'm guessing electrical???? Not much left in a car like that lol.

Exactly my thoughts. I was pleasantly surprise that they dropped in a toyota engine for the American Lotuses since 04.
I really do like the lines on this car.
Hopefully tomorrow we will have time to go test drive one. I'll make sure she will not be wearing a skirt.

Okay... we test drove the Elise this morning.
I am pretty fit and find myself doing the pole volt just to get in. The ride was very rough like some of you stated here. No power steering is not my cup of tea. Everything is so small... makes me feel like I'm driving a toy car. The handling is really nice. The car really does a great job with communicating to the driver.

This experience revealed that our NSX is such a refined car. If it is up to me for a new car, I would take another NSX. I think my wife is still interested in the Elise because "It's so cute".
Any case, I guess we are still on the hunt.

Have your wife drive an s2000,much more of a car than the elise.

Your wife might like the toyota MR-S. I'd say it's about as cute as cars get, it's also mid-engined, almost proportionally rare, small and light. I'm thinking about picking one up for a daily driver.

Your wife might like the toyota MR-S. I'd say it's about as cute as cars get, it's also mid-engined, almost proportionally rare, small and light. I'm thinking about picking one up for a daily driver.

The 3rd gen cars are horrendously fugly. 2nd gen Mr2 are nicer looking but are always beat to death.

The new S2k 's are BAd A$$

Like we said -- I had initially skipped this thread since I figured it was just talks about the specs and not talking about having it as a DD -- it's small and limited. It grips like nothing but the inside is sparse, no power anything and floor mats and sun visors are usually add-ons (wtf?) and very harsh. I stood next to one parked in my city and realized what a climb it really is. It makes small asian chicks seem big--no huge!

Something that occurred to me though (after TG) --> Try an open top. It may be a lot easier to get in and out of and maybe more enjoyable.

Here's Top Gears review of it...not as harsh as they we eon the Exige:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hg8q-rq3Znc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hg8q-rq3Znc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i must be the least picky bastard in the world. stiff suspensions are completely fine for driving long distances. i care nothing about squeaks and rattles.... i don't see issues with not having "enough" sound deadening.

but if you do care about those things..... general consensus is don't buy an elise :tongue: (cause it was made for people like me.)

i must be the least picky bastard in the world. stiff suspensions are completely fine for driving long distances. i care nothing about squeaks and rattles.... i don't see issues with not having "enough" sound deadening.

but if you do care about those things..... general consensus is don't buy an elise :tongue: (cause it was made for people like me.)

+1

Though I'm an Exige S 240 fan myself...drove one 3 weeks ago...WOW.

The 3rd gen cars are horrendously fugly. 2nd gen Mr2 are nicer looking but are always beat to death.

The new S2k 's are BAd A$$

They are definitely goofy looking, but some people (mostly women) like the way they look. s2000's are obviously more handsome cars. I had a 2nd gen mrII when they weren't quite as old as they are now, and even then I wouldn't get another for anything besides a track/fun car.

However, if you are a driver than it's about the drive first and foremost. Looks are nice to have, but last time I checked you can't tell if your car is ugly or not while driving it. I used to care a lot about looks, not so much now unless that's specifically why I'm buying it.

However, if you are a driver than it's about the drive first and foremost. Looks are nice to have, but last time I checked you can't tell if your car is ugly or not while driving it. I used to care a lot about looks, not so much now unless that's specifically why I'm buying it.

I agree with you 99.9%... I'm more into the complete package (performance reliability and looks) That is why I chose the NSX

I have to say that you guys are absolutely correct.
The NSX does have all the great qualities combined.
It really is hard to find another car with these parameters.

Back