• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Love Fab Vs Ctsc

this makes the lovefab look cheap:eek:

You understand he/they are just talking about the motor build costs right? Then you add the turbo kit of your choice on top of that. BTW, where in WI are you?

That just depends are where you live. I happen to have an engine builder in my area that Barn Man uses who can get the job done (using stock bearings and rods) for close to $7000. Obviously stroked, bored, etc will be much more.

That is closed deck(sleeved), and including all parts and labor? Considering all the parts that goes into one of these builds, I'd guess not.

You understand he/they are just talking about the motor build costs right? Then you add the turbo kit of your choice on top of that. BTW, where in WI are you?
I live in Sheboygan and Manitowoc, WI. I thought the lovefab used all stock internals? I also thought the lovefab was bolt on too?

$9,900.00 for the Budget turbo system(all you need for a stock motor!).

$3000.00 install/street tune.

If you want much more than 400whp:

Engine build $8,000k+

Having a 500+whp turbo NSX that should've come that way from Honda - priceless.

We are directly across the pond from you Lotus, hop on the ferry this spring and come on over!

$9,900.00 for the Budget turbo system(all you need for a stock motor!).

$3000.00 install/street tune.

If you want much more than 400whp:

Engine build $8,000k+

Having a 500+whp turbo NSX that should've come that way from Honda - priceless.

We are directly across the pond from you Lotus, hop on the ferry this spring and come on over!

I thought the $15k including dyno tuning? with the OBDI kit, how much maximum power can pushed out with stock internals? is your shop located in michigan? i live 5 block away from the U.S.S Badger (car ferry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQO4K_DOtzU
watching this makes me really want a turbo.

I believe the Badger docks just under an hour south of our shop, in Ludington. We are 20 minutes south of Traverse City, which should be just an hour north of Ludington.

Copied and pasted directly off the OBD1 NSX turbo kit section of our website:

http://www.lovefab.com/html/nsxobd1.html

"Requires in-house installation and tuning($3000). Email us for more questions/details!"

We can build a system somewhere between the budget setup and the high-end system if you want a combination of the two to save a few dollars.

Dave (prime name DAVID) I wasn't saying one was better than the other all I was saying is I haven't heard too many problems with the basic comptech kit. But maybe you can't read because in the end I made the comment that I don't have neither systems so what do I know. It wont irritate you if you actually read the rest of the post and see what I was saying.

I think its pretty obvious that I did read your post, as I specifically addressed the points you made. If you are now trying to say you don't know what you are talking about, then how does that change the validity of my comments? You made statements about the turbo systems available that are just not true, especially about the one that the OP indicated he is considering. If you are going to follow them with a closing that basically says they are worthless, then why did you post them in the first place?

Lastly, if you are going to complain about my reading comprehension skills perhaps you should learn to write properly.

It's been said over and over mostly by me, but Boost is Boost
regardless of SC or Turbo. There are too many variables to determine longevity to a motor after FI, but I will say one of the biggest problem in engine longevity are the loose nuts :biggrin: behind the wheels.

Armando

True. Boost is boost when comparing stress on the motor. What I think sets the turbo apart is the versatility (ease of future upgrades) and the ability to have whatever power level you want, when you want it, as you are driving. The blower will make [about] the same boost at a specific rpm when accelerating, but the turbo reacts more to load. It is a subjective difference, but one that I personally favor. And, having driven NSXs at a variety of power levels, I think the stock chassis handles 500 whp pretty well without disrupting its civil manners, as long as the tune is good. Sure, you can break stuff at that power level, but almost any car, even bone stock, will break if you beat on it too much (something I learned painfully in my younger days).

I have mentioned it before, but that silver car I built made about 580 whp on pump gas and still purred like a happy kitty in traffic. At the other end of the spectrum, it shot flames out of the tail pipe and spanked Vipers. For me, it was damn near a perfect car and I drove it to work almost every day. I am considering building another FI NSX this spring and, for me, the choice is simple - I will use a turbo.

I have been following this thread for a while now and just thought I would post the small bit of info that I have.I am running a stock motor(new head gaskets and arp head studs) with 10 lbs of boost on the street tune and 14 lbs of boost on the race tune. The car was tuned by Tony at UMS in Phoenix, and makes 501 whp on the street and 604 whp on the race tune.I have now put on approx. 15000 miles on the car since I purchased it (it did hove a turbo on it when I bought it so I don't know how many miles were put on by the previous owner) and put in a new aem ems as it only had an fic in it. I reworked all the turbo ond fixed most of the mess that was done by the previous owner before tuning the car at UMS. The car now has a magnaflow and qtp cutout so it can be a very civil car to drive. Its still 23-25 mpg on the highway and is easy to drive on long trips.I also have another stock NSX and the turbo car is actually quieter on the highway and just about as easy to drive.I can also drive the car to the dragstrip and run an 11.1 quarter mile at 130 mph. I dont think there is a supercharged car capable of doing this(especially with stock internals). Here is the final pull at UMS
pixel-vfl73.gif
pixel-vfl73.gif
pixel-vfl73.gif
pixel-vfl73.gif
pixel-vfl73.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vok40uJ0b0Y The car also has methanol injection used for cooling the charge only. Since the video I have lowered the turbo under the trunk and installed an oil pump to pump the oil back to oil pan,so the car is more usable. My opinion(for what it is worth) is if you do any FI the initial cost should not be the deciding factor as you will need more power and you will need to know how much it will cost you to make more power.From my experience once you have spent the initial cost it is much less to get more hp from a turbo.This is the video of the car racing a c6 supercharged corvette
pixel-vfl73.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8mknEWqO0. I apologize that this is not about a lovefab turbo but the same basics apply and if you want usable,expandable power the lovefab would be my only choice.

..... What Am I missing, leaving out or uninformed about while making this decision?

Joe

Consider the ability to resell the NSX to someone in a state that has tough smog standards, like CA, where more NSX buyers and owners tend to reside.

If you have a turbo system, it won't possess a CARB EO# for California.

CTSC will have that.

Most NSX owners are not tech savvy when it comes to the mechanics of the engine, nor do many of them want to wrench.

All they need to know are the following:

- how much is it?
- is it reliable?
- how much fun (aka - power, handling, braking, etc.) will it give me?

It's a combination of those and other factors that help them in making a decision either way.

Back