• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab LF800 - Update (WannaGoFast Ocala, Fl)

This past weekend the southeast converged on Central Florida for the www.wannagofast.com Ocala event. This is a 1/2 mile drag race which are becoming more popular than the traditional 1/4 races. You can do them from a dig (starting at zero) or do a roll race. (usually at 40mph)

I became a fan of these events starting in 2009 after I did my first LoveFab build yielding me around 420-450hp. Whether you believe it or not, the Lovefab NSX was quick and was holding its ground against many other tuners. For a few years, I became the target of many car guys. Well that time had come and gone with the growth of these events and all of the sudden, 600~800hp cars were showing up. I soon discovered my NSX was no longer hanging with these updated cars.

Cody and I have been speaking for month/years on how to build more power and honestly it required a motor built. Why build a new motor when I already had a strong run with my current engine (5 trouble free years runs) but I knew what had to be done in order to stay competitive. My goal was between 600-700whp with the original reliability I had with my first set up. I dropped off my car and the build began.

New Block done by Benson's Racing

Anyway after almost a year of building the car the way I wanted (upgraded turbo, new custom exhaust and engine management) I got the call my car was ready. I hopped the next flight and landed at LoveFab in Michigan. The car started and I loved the new sound. It drove exactly how I remembered but just with a little more power ;-)

SEXY, ISN'T IT???

570rwhp after the build

I even had time to take my alternator apart and have all parts chrome plated to match the rest of the engine.

I crashed out overnight and left out at 6am back to Atlanta. Almost 1000 miles and the car ran PERFECTLY. My gas mileage went down a bit but that is expected with dual fuel pumps and 1000cc injectors. I still averaged 21mpg at an average pace of 75mph. Surprisingly Cody called/texted me several times to make sure everything was going perfect and what my thoughts were with the build.

Anyway back to the wannagofast event. I called up Oki-Boy, JLCoolman, Sunedaz, coldhammer and we all drove to Ocala for this event this past weekend. I ran Saturday morning and my first pass was 154.95 mph. This is on lo-boost with approximately 1500 miles on the break-in engine. We did not want to push it too hard and wanted to make sure everything was in sync. Cody once again checked on me to see how my car was doing. I wanted to wait until noon to do my next pass to see if the temps would affect my next run. Once again I cranked out a 155.29 which is pretty damn consistent. This is exactly what I predicted so I was happy. I know the car will be well into the 160s for the next WGF event but for now I am thrilled. The next day I went down to Orlando and last night I drive another 500 miles back to Atlanta (all without a hiccup)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Ifduhz2OkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Needless to say, I have the car I was looking for. Cody and I will slowly build up the power for the next event and hopefully I will see well into the 160s.

The LoveFab LF800 has truly exceeded my expectations. Thanx Cody!

Back