• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab Turbo Kit Passes Emissions Testing!

I had my car up in storage for the winter and while I was in the process of moving. So, today I had to quickly go and get my LoveFab equipped 91 NSX tested so I could get my tags renewed.

I pull in, and the worker checks for the cats (which I have none), check. Of course he was looking in the middle of the vehicle. Then again, most of those workers dont know and dont care.

Then comes the sniffer test. I inserts the probe, and lets the machine do the testing. A minute or so later he hands me my completion cert and viola, passed. The readings are as follows:

HC Reading: 164 PPM - Limit is 220 - Result: Passed
CO Reading: 0.53% - Limit is 1.2% - Result: Passed
CO2 Reading: 13.1% - Limit is N/A

These numbers actually fell right in line from my previous CTSC setup that I had with test pipes. Result equals an easy, easy pass for emissions testing here in Tennessee.

Of course my scenario doesnt apply for those in the communist republic of California. So, no comments necessary from them. But, for those of us in the rest of the US, this is great news! Hopefully this might help with those on the fence about purchasing a LoveFab kit over some of the others. But, check out what your local emission's limits are. If they are on target with mine, then you should be looking good.

Regards,
Nathan

p.s. for all of the nay sayers, I kept the results and I can scan them if necessary.

That's because they didn't check for NOx. Every other vehicle I've had without cats passes the HC, CO and CO2 tests as well, but was just over the borderline for NOx emissions :wink:

Dave

That's because they didn't check for NOx. Every other vehicle I've had without cats passes the HC, CO and CO2 tests as well, but was just over the borderline for NOx emissions :wink:

Dave

Haha. Nice.

I too have always had straight pipes setup on my cars, and I have always passed. But it seems like we have a whole lot of scared or reserved people who wont bite the turbo bullet because of emissions. I am just trying to help their decision.......go LoveFab. :biggrin:

Dave

Yup. That was my issue here in AZ with the CTSC. I just cranked the fuel pressure up temporarily and that took care of it. I wonder if I could pass with test pipes using that trick...

Well then I guess Cody did a good job then, didnt he? The point is that people who are afraid of not passing emissions...........can. All except for that one state over there :)

Sounds like he did a great job!

You just wait, they are trying to make all the states have the same emissions testing standard like California. :biggrin:

Yup. That was my issue here in AZ with the CTSC. I just cranked the fuel pressure up temporarily and that took care of it. I wonder if I could pass with test pipes using that trick...

I highly doubt it. Although richening the load will help it won't necessarily help with NOx readings.

Back