• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab turned my NSX into a Beast!!!

As most of you know my car my car received the LoveFab treatment summer of 2008. Two weeks after picking it up, I went on the AKA Rally (Gumball Style Rally) across country and my car did great. I ran against a M5, Ferrari 360 CS and Porsche 996 GT3 and smashed them all (Even with a defective turbo from Precision which was warranted by Cody and replaced free of charge at 3am while on the rally)

Anyway although my car was faster with the turbo, I did not think it was fast as it should be. At that time I was dyno’ing 311hp and 275 tq at 4 lbs, it was hard for me to maintain higher boost. This was up from the baseline 269hp and 197tq with E/H/I. I was only running with the wastegate spring so after I returned from the rally, I purchased an AEM Tru-Boost Controller and Alcohol Methanol injection to main boost and meth to keep the intake temps down. I installed those parts and my numbers jumped up to 338hp and 299tq occasionally spiking to 365hp. At this time I also want to add I have been running on a stock clutch so I do not know how much that plays into the numbers.

Well over the years I stayed in constant contact with Cody asking him what could be done to safely increase my power. He explained he had newer FI Headers that might give me the extra power I was looking for. We arranged to have Cody come down to Atlanta, pick up my NSX and take it back to Michigan. He was going to replace the clutch with Exedy Twin Disc Carbon Clutch, replace the headers with FI headers, Adjust my secondaries, and tune my NSX with the AEM FIC. Well after the first pull on his Mustang Dyno, my car dyno’ed at 444hp and 325tq at 7lbs. The final numbers were 459hp and 333tq at 8lbs!

Cody delivered the car a week later but I was out of town so it was another week before I could drive it again. Once I did sit into my seat, I could instantly feel the power increase. So much so, I only got into it about 60% (5 lbs of boost)

Tonight I went to my local dyno (Dyno Jet) to compare the dyno results as well as testing the boost controller. I did 3 pulls. The first pull on wastegate only did 425hp without meth and I let up early. The second pull I set it to 7lbs and I did 448hp 335tq with meth. My final numbers were 456hp and 338tq at 8 lbs w/meth.:eek: Cody programmed my car with a couple of failsafe measures in case the meth failed or too much boost kicked in. I also have an alarm in place in case the AEM Tru boost detects more than 10lbs of boost.

Overall I am very happy with my car and now I have the power I expected.

BTW this is LoveFab Stage 1 kit with a few modifications.

I am a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Thanks CODY! :biggrin:

LovefabDyno.jpg

Awesome Alex! I will have to go back to atlanta to check it out.

This has got to be an April fools story because no way would you have beat those cars you mentioned with the power you said you were making at the time!

That looks pretty similar to your dyno Bob, athough you have more low-end TQ. I bet you would really benefit from those FI headers.

That is a lot of torque at just 4 psi of boost. Like BobK mentioned it's hard for me to see you pulling on a 996 GT3 at only 4psi.

Sounds like a fun car to drive.

That is a lot of torque at just 4 psi of boost. Like BobK mentioned it's hard for me to see you pulling on a 996 GT3 at only 4psi.

Sounds like a fun car to drive.

IIRC the 996 gt3 is about 3050 lbs and the hp is 380 crank about 310whp. Why with my car about the same weight and same hp not pull on it?

2826161058_13574be860_o.jpg

Here is the Picture of the GT3 to my right

untitled.jpg

Here is the Ferrari 360 CS

IMG_8954.jpg

Here is the video vs the M5 (this is with the blown turbo)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tmHL1rkHUTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome man... Can't wait to see you blow that Benz away! :smile: I want to see you take on the GTR in the dry again!
I'm going to buy you a bigger passenger seat!! It will be cheaper than taking mine to SOS. BTW Good job Cody!!!

I want a ride, but you have those 115 lbs kids seats in there! :mad: I guess I'll just have to watch the tail lights disappear through the windshield of my stock NSX

PS Are you bringing it out Sunday to C&O?

Last edited:
WOW! That's ALOT of HP for 7-8lbs of boost. I don't know of any other Turbo NSX making that kind of rwhp at 8lbs of boost. What are your AFR's? What is your boost at 7000-8000rpm's? Most cars I have seen hit max boost at 4k or so and then it falls off over 6500 rpm's.

Great numbers!

IIRC the 996 gt3 is about 3050 lbs and the hp is 380 crank about 310whp. Why with my car about the same weight and same hp not pull on it?

+1... the m5 is no problem either. It makes like 500HP but at like 4100lbs. Really don't see why this would be remotely hard to believe. The M5 and GT3 are great cars, but aren't insanely quick at all.

The CS would be a different story *maybe*, but I don't think that was a CS. Even if it was, a CS is typically good for about 4 flat to 60 and low 12s in the quarter. That's very achievable for a 311rwhp NSX. At least close enough that it would be all driver. Maybe the CS driver weighs 100lbs more. Lol.

Last edited:
Impressive numbers!! I've been thinking about the kit too.

Ps. Unless that car was imported from Europe. It's not a real gt3 as it's a ROW only mk1 996. So you probably beat a 996 c2

Tim (Sunedaz),I will see what I can do about my seats. I will be there Sunday at O&C. Who else is coming?

PJ, I think you are right about the ferrari 360/360cs. Although the front and the rear grill had the Challenge parts installed, the mirrors are certainly not.

KooKoo4nsx, my AFR on the dyno are about 11.0 flat and on the street about 11.4.

Either way I don't want to get into a debate about what car was what. I probably was incorrect about the Ferrari and Porsche. My point was how the Lovefab's stage 1 system was doing with just 4 lbs of boost and 311 hp. Now that I have 456hp, I should have fun going after my favorite car which is the GTR. One of the best shops that modifies the GTR is only 3 blocks from my office. Our annual Airstrip drag event is only 2 months away so this year I promise to make it more interesting. :tongue:

Either way I don't want to get into a debate about what car was what. I probably was incorrect about the Ferrari and Porsche. My point was how the Lovefab's stage 1 system was doing with just 4 lbs of boost and 311 hp. Now that I have 456hp, I should have fun going after my favorite car which is the GTR. One of the best shops that modifies the GTR is only 3 blocks from my office. Our annual Airstrip drag event is only 2 months away so this year I promise to make it more interesting. :tongue:

Sounds fun. Take a lot of videos, i would like to see you killing GTRs:biggrin:.

Good luck

ahhh Alex, you've come along way from best in show:wink: now you are best in go:biggrin:

IF YOU EVER GET AN OPPERTUNITY TO RIDE IN THIS CAR, MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS RT, HAVE YOUR CELL TO CONTACT CODY AND BE PREPARED TO GO2 REHAB FOR SUPER SPEEDER OFENDERS AFTER GETTING1. :biggrin: THANKS FOR THE OPPERTUNITY ALEX, IT WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE. I'M NOT TOO FAR BEHIND YOU.

I'm glad your NSX is right where you want it Alex! As always, it was a great pleasure to work with you. Here's a shot during the long treck south in your beast:

196575_186424491402882_100001059970923_463242_7537346_n.jpg

Here is another interesting read guys:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147245

This car was completed two days after Alex's car was and made nearly identical HP. The LoveFab FI headers are proving themselves over and over.

Last edited:
I'm glad your NSX is right where you want it Alex! As always, it was a great pleasure to work with you. Here's a shot during the long treck south in your beast:

196575_186424491402882_100001059970923_463242_7537346_n.jpg

Here is another interesting read guys:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147245

This car was completed two days after Alex's car was and made nearly identical HP. The LoveFab FI headers are proving themselves over and over.

Those seats are TIGHT. That must not have been the most comfortable drive.:biggrin:

I will be transitioning from my Florida house to my Dahlonega house in a couple of weeks and it would be great to get together and do a couple of runs to see how higher torque but lower horsepower would work out.

21 hours in those seats was the longest 21 hours of my life. Thankfully we turned a 24 hour trip into 21 because of the newfound power... :tongue:

I love my seats. I did nine easy hours in them last year down to Miami.

The main purpose of those seats are to keep my a$$ in place when and if I decide to turn right or left while I am racing; also with the 34inch waist maximum, it insures I will not outgrow my car:tongue:

I will be transitioning from my Florida house to my Dahlonega house in a couple of weeks and it would be great to get together and do a couple of runs to see how higher torque but lower horsepower would work out.

Gladly, of course in a safe environment! :wink:

Back