• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lowering

I am in the process of lowering my 92. I am looking to go only about 1" lower. What are the best springs to go with? Will I also need to change shocks? What should I expect to pay for parts? Thank You in advance for any info. I apologize if this question has been asked a million times before, this is my first post.

Originally posted by NSXCEL:
I apologize if this question has been asked a million times before, this is my first post.

Welcome to NSXprime.

There are a couple of places you can check for information that's been previously posted. One is to do a search (click on that "search" word near the top of this screen). I suggest you search the technical forum (this one) as well as the general discussion forum, and that you try searching on the words "lower" or "spring" or "shock". You'll find a whole bunch of previous topics.

The other place to check is the FAQ, which you can get to by clicking on the FAQ on the red bar at the top of this screen, or (better yet) you can go to the table of contents of the FAQ at http://www.nsxprime.com/toc.htm Under the Performance heading, look for the section called Suspension.

One method is to replace the shocks with Bilsteins. They have a secondary groove cut in so you can move the clip for the spring perch and it lowers the car about an inch.
Daliracing stocks them.

Originally posted by NSXCEL:
I am in the process of lowering my 92. I am looking to go only about 1" lower. What are the best springs to go with?

I just went with Eibach Pro-Kit springs which lowered my '91 1" to 1.25" This is the second car I have used these springs on (the other was a '93 MR2 Turbo). I have been extremely happy with them.

Will I also need to change shocks?

No.

What should I expect to pay for parts?

I got a very good deal from Mark Johnson at daliracing.com

I highly recommend lowering the NSX. My car looks much better now.

Welcome to the community!!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 01 April 2002).]

I felt that I could not lower my car the 1.5 to 2 inches you get with the Eibach and H&R springs respectively. I opted for the Bilstein shocks with OEM springs (lower spring perch), which lowers the car by 2 cm (0.8 inch). It looses the SUV look without being too prone to drag the front spoiler. The NSX looks nicer being lowered, but as with most things in life, it too is a compromise.

Good luck on what ever you choose.

Originally posted by Roy:
I felt that I could not lower my car the 1.5 to 2 inches you get with the Eibach and H&R springs respectively.

The Eibach's lowered my car 1" to 1.25", depending on the corner - not 1.5" (I had the technician who installed them do before and after measurements on each corner). But I guess this might be vehicle specific.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 02 April 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 02 April 2002).]

this is my latest (nsx) obsession. I have 225/45/16,s in front and 255/40/17's in back.
Would 1" to 1.25" be too much? Thanks.

Originally posted by JimK:
this is my latest (nsx) obsession. I have 225/45/16,s in front and 255/40/17's in back.
Would 1" to 1.25" be too much? Thanks.

I dont think so. I have 215/40/17 in front and 255/35/18 in the rear. I think the car looks perfect!
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

thanks again, funny how I thought the stock
NSX couldn't look better when I first got mine.

Originally posted by JimK:
thanks again, funny how I thought the stock
NSX couldn't look better when I first got mine.

I can see how you could say that if your NSX is '94+, but I've always thought the '91 - '93 looked way "under wheeled", especially for an exotic.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Back