• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lurker from early 2000’s returns as NSX owner

Howdy prime. My name is Anthony, as the title states , I was a lurker here back I the day when we all thought the HSC was going to become a reality. Back then I was in dental school and talked my father into buying the discontinued NSX as a retirement present , rather than a new corvette that he wanted. It was my favorite car of all time (well....tied with the Detomaso Pantera).He picked up a 1999 silverstone targa with 18k on the clock for $45k.

He is getting up in years and only put less than 20k miles on it in the last 16 years. He was planning on leaving it me but I didn’t want it that way.. so I told him I’d buy it off him. He let me have it for what he paid in 2005 and we will in turn then give that money to my brother . So I am now in possession of the car now with 35k. About to pull the trigger on the neglected maintenance... timing belt, water pump.. etc etc.

anyways it’s nice to be here again. Hope all is well with you all .. and in closing it sucks that Larry B no longer works on these cars ... as I live on Long Island.

Howdy prime. My name is Anthony, as the title states , I was a lurker here back I the day when we all thought the HSC was going to become a reality. Back then I was in dental school and talked my father into buying the discontinued NSX as a retirement present , rather than a new corvette that he wanted. It was my favorite car of all time (well....tied with the Detomaso Pantera).He picked up a 1999 silverstone targa with 18k on the clock for $45k.

He is getting up in years and only put less than 20k miles on it in the last 16 years. He was planning on leaving it me but I didn’t want it that way.. so I told him I’d buy it off him. He let me have it for what he paid in 2005 and we will in turn then give that money to my brother . So I am now in possession of the car now with 35k. About to pull the trigger on the neglected maintenance... timing belt, water pump.. etc etc.

anyways it’s nice to be here again. Hope all is well with you all .. and in closing it sucks that Larry B no longer works on these cars ... as I live on Long Island.

Welcome back! You just got the deal of the century, since that car is easily $100k these days. My advice- keep it!!

You're right that there is a lot of deferred maintenance to be done. Plenty of active threads about that here. Just reach out and we'll help you through it all.

Thanks honcho! Yes Im glad I had the foresight to urge my father to buy the X.. I knew it would be a collector . My bad it’s actually Kaiser Silver..
im having A LOT of issues with the forum though, I can't find my threads . I don’t get notifications, I post and things don’t actually post. Kind of frustrated here. You guys ever think of updating the site?
im on with both my phone and laptop right now and both state there are only 7 threads in “new owner & car history”. not sure what is happening.. but its good to be back .

If anyone on Long Island needs a good honda/acura mechanic.. I used HONDA MAN in Ronkonkoma. He did the timing belt, timing adjuster, alternator belt, water pump, changed the sweating crank and camshaft oil seals, valve cover gasket, new plug/tuneup, oil change for like 3 grand. I dont think that was too bad a deal. he knows his stuff. car runs mint.

Last edited:
Nice story! post some pics...and that is very reasonable for all that work...esp in Looooong Island:wink:

Thanks honcho! Yes Im glad I had the foresight to urge my father to buy the X.. I knew it would be a collector . My bad it’s actually Kaiser Silver..
im having A LOT of issues with the forum though, I can't find my threads . I don’t get notifications, I post and things don’t actually post. Kind of frustrated here. You guys ever think of updating the site?
im on with both my phone and laptop right now and both state there are only 7 threads in “new owner & car history”. not sure what is happening.. but its good to be back .

If anyone on Long Island needs a good honda/acura mechanic.. I used HONDA MAN in Ronkonkoma. He did the timing belt, timing adjuster, alternator belt, water pump, changed the sweating crank and camshaft oil seals, valve cover gasket, new plug/tuneup, oil change for like 3 grand. I dont think that was too bad a deal. he knows his stuff. car runs mint.

I lived in Hauppauge and Port Wash for years! Back then, Rallye Acura used to be nuts- they charged me almost $4k to replace the A/C compressor on my 91. Crazy.

Since you're "new", the forum is flagging your posts and holding them in a queue as an anti-spam function. I just release all of the held posts, so you should see them now. once you get a few more posts, the software will back off as it realizes you're an actual NSX owner and not some Russian hacker trying to steal everyone's info or sell us ED pills.

Back