• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

March 20 - Eighth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

When and Where?

We will be hosting the Eighth NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 20, 2010. We will meet on Saturday March 20 at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual. Dinner will take place at:

petemillerslogo.jpg

Pete Miller's
412 North Milwaukee Avenue (also known as US 45 and IL 21)
Wheeling IL 60090
847-243-3700
www.petemillers.com

Wheeling is about eight miles north of O'Hare Airport.

From the south on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294): Exit at Willow Road and turn left onto Willow westbound. Go 0.8 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (north) on Milwaukee. Go 2.8 miles, and the restaurant will be on the left.

From the north on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94): Exit at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook westbound. Go 1.7 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn left (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

From the western suburbs on I-355 and IL-53: Take IL-53 till it ends at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook eastbound. Go 5.1 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

What's for dinner?

6:30 Hors D’oeuvre Platters (served during the cocktail hour)

Tomato Bruschetta
Firecracker Shrimp with Spicy Asian Sauce

7:30 Dinner

Salad: Classic Caesar Salad

Entree: Your server will ask you for your selection of:

• Prime Aged Ribeye Steak
  • Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
  • Vegetarian Pasta Primavera
Sides: Potatoes Au Gratin, Oven Roasted Vegetables

Dessert: At each table, equal numbers will be served of:

• Mount Chocolate Served with Homer's Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Homemade Apple Tart Served with Homer's Vanilla Ice Cream
Coffee and Tea

How much will it cost?

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and their spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The cost to club members and their spouses/guests will be $35 per person, which includes tax and tip. It does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the servers. After dinner, Ken Sax will collect for the dinner; please either have cash (exact bills will be appreciated) or else write down your name, credit card number, and expiration date so that the club can bill your credit card afterwards.

How can I sign up?

If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a private message, including how many will be coming, by Friday, March 12, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by March 12 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.

A final word

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends, especially at the end of winter when many of us have had our NSX in hibernation. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Brian Urlage
NSX Club of America

Who's coming?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
3-4. Brian and guest (SOURCENSX)
5-6. Randy and Lisa (nsx2tall)
7-8. Steve and Carol (OhioSteve)
9-10. Rae and Dave (plumcraezy)
11-12. Brian and Jill (Briank)
13. Bob H.
14. Ajay (mystican)
15. Andy D.
16-17. Bryan and Kim
18-19. John and Debbie D.
20-21. Leon and Erica (CBLude)
22-23. Kevin and Laurel (F1nALMSfan)
24. Robert (nsx6)
25. Gina (GinaK)
26. Frank (Frank Oles)
27-28. Bob and Lynda (Bob Kenney)
29. John (AOB Service)

Last edited:
When and Where?

We will be hosting the Eighth NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 20, 2010. We will meet on Saturday March 20 at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual. Dinner will take place at:

petemillerslogo.jpg

Pete Miller's
412 North Milwaukee Avenue (also known as US 45 and IL 21)
Wheeling IL 60090
847-243-3700
www.petemillers.com

Wheeling is about eight miles north of O'Hare Airport.

From the south on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294): Exit at Willow Road and turn left onto Willow westbound. Go 0.8 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (north) on Milwaukee. Go 2.8 miles, and the restaurant will be on the left.

From the north on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94): Exit at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook westbound. Go 1.7 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn left (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

From the western suburbs on I-355 and IL-53: Take IL-53 till it ends at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook eastbound. Go 5.1 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

What's for dinner?

The special menu for our dinner will appear here within the next couple of weeks.

How much will it cost?

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and their spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The cost to club members and their spouses/guests will be posted here within the next couple of weeks, at the same time as the menu is posted. It does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the servers. After dinner, Ken Sax will collect for the dinner; please either have cash (exact bills will be appreciated) or else write down your name, credit card number, and expiration date so that the club can bill your credit card afterwards.

If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a private message, including how many will be coming, by Friday, March 12, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by March 12 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.

A final word

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends, especially at the end of winter when many of us have had our NSX in hibernation. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Brian Urlage
NSX Club of America

Who's coming?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)

3-4. Brian and ???

Hi Ken, you can add Sean and Stacey! :wink:

Dinner was a great time. Catching up with old friends and making some new ones is always a good thing...and, this event kicked me into gear to get my car road ready again! Thanks again Ken for putting this together.

Gina

Dinner was a great time. Catching up with old friends and making some new ones is always a good thing...and, this event kicked me into gear to get my car road ready again! Thanks again Ken for putting this together.

Gina

Gina,
Nice to see that you are still around and have the BEAUTIFUL widebody NSX. It has always been one of the most tasteful cars.

Another great event!

Good times catching up with everyone, especially after the long winter.

My NSX may be gone, but the friendships are still strong. That sounds like it could be a song or something. Hopefully it's not country music:biggrin:

Back