• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

March 26 - Ninth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

When and Where?

We will be hosting the Ninth NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 26, 2011. We will meet at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual. Dinner will take place at:

petemillerslogo.jpg

Pete Miller's
412 North Milwaukee Avenue (also known as US 45 and IL 21)
Wheeling IL 60090
847-243-3700
www.petemillers.com

Wheeling is about eight miles north of O'Hare Airport.

From the south on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294): Exit at Willow Road and turn left onto Willow westbound. Go 0.8 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (north) on Milwaukee. Go 2.8 miles, and the restaurant will be on the left.

From the north on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94): Exit at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook westbound. Go 1.7 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn left (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

From the western suburbs on I-355 and IL-53: Take IL-53 till it ends at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook eastbound. Go 5.1 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

What's for dinner?

6:30 Hors D’oeuvre Platters (served during the cocktail hour)

Fried Calamari with Cocktail Sauce
Firecracker Shrimp
Steak Quesadillas

7:30 Dinner

Salad: Classic Caesar Salad

Entree: Your server will ask you for your selection of:

• Filet Mignon
  • Jumbo Sea Scallops, with Seasonal Homemade Ravioli
  • Chicken Marsala
  • (Vegetarian entree available on request)
Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach with Applewood Smoked Bacon Served Family Style

Dessert: Death by Chocolate and Mascarpone Cheese Cake (a slice of both on each plate)

Coffee and Tea

How much will it cost?

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and their spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The cost to club members and their spouses/guests will be $45 per person, which includes tax and tip. It does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the servers. After dinner, Ken Sax will collect for the dinner; please either have cash (exact bills will be appreciated) or else write down your name, credit card number, and expiration date so that the club can bill your credit card afterwards.

How can I sign up?

If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a private message, including how many will be coming, by Friday, March 18, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by March 18 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.

A final word

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends, especially at the end of winter when many of us have had our NSX in hibernation. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Brian Urlage
NSX Club of America

Who's coming?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
3-4. Brian and guest (SOURCENSX)
5-6. Rae and Dave (plumcraezy) (tentative)
7-8. Randy and Lisa (nsx2tall)
9-10. Brian and Jill (Briank)
11. Bob H.
12-13. Marcus S. and guest
14-15. Rick and Kathy (YellowNSX)
16-17. Andy and Arlene D.
18. Bob D.
19-20. Guillermo and Roxanne D-C.
21. Frank (Frank Oles)
22-23. Bob and tentatively Lynda (Bob Kenney)

Last edited:
If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a private message, including how many will be coming, by Friday, March 18, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by March 18 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.
If anyone would still like to come, let me know and I can still add you to our reservation.

See you all this Saturday!

Thanks for putting this together Ken.:biggrin:

Great to catch up with everyone again. It's good to get the car chat on! Now Randy will have to re-wrap his car to match his fancy new yellow gloves.:eek:

And at least there are still some wise people around who understand that the NSX still is the greatest car ever made. Can I get an amen?!

Back