• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Marketplace warning!!

I have noticed a highly unusual trend of new members on Prime (new as in joining this month) whose first posts are ads - a red flag.

I have been getting multiple requests for assistance from known members asking me if these are legit sellers which to me implies the pricing is almost too good to be true - another red flag.

Now there are two new members who are using the identical method of posting ads in the wrong forum bypassing the marketplace rules since it prevents me from moderating the ads - red flag #3

One new member is also asking that payment be made to his "son's" paypal account (different last name) - red flag #4.

I cannot state definitively that these are not legit sellers but preliminarily they are not passing my sniff test. This would appear to be backed up by the suspicions of known members reaching out to me to try to confirm whether the ads are legit.

Once again, I cannot be certain one way of the other but the recent activity is a highly unusual trend that I have not seen in my years as a marketplace moderator so out of extra caution I am posting this and requesting that everyone perform their due diligence.

Right now I am following 4 new members who joined 4/11 and 4/12 with two of them on 4/12 using this forum (incorrectly) in an atypical but identical way with other similarities that strike me as being possibly the same person. I also had followed two other "different" members who were spamming threads with indirect advertising for two completely different businesses but spelling/grammar/writing style convinced me they were the same person and both have now been banned so right now I am down from 6 to 4 members who have my attention. I don't want to name them here right now but if anyone stumbles upon their posts it will be obvious that they are on my radar.

What are they selling and what are the handles?

Beware of scammers "nsxpolsoft" and "nsxhondalord". Probably the same person but lifting pics and descriptions from fleabay for items and trying to sell them here (and trying to bypass marketplace rules to avoid deletion).

4 scammers have been discovered and accounts deleted but as always each member is expected to do his own due diligence and caveat emptor is the rule on Prme.

Awesome detective work....I don't know where you find the time:eek:.....

A 5th scammer was just identified and blocked so it appears we are being aggressively targeted at this time. Efforts will continue to be made to identify and block scammers but at least for now they seem intent on trying to register new accounts and lift Craigslist and fleabay ads and pics and then list here at low prices to get quick cash.

Two more uncovered and blocked today brings April's total to 7. They are working hard to bypass our checks and balances so hopefully they will soon move on to softer targets.

Last edited:
An 8th scammer just got discovered! :mad:

They are getting increasingly aggressive and smarter so we need to "crowd source" catching them since they appear now to be cross-posting in threads for regional events and "hiding" ads that way. I don't want to go into detail as to how they are being confirmed as scammers since I need some secrets kept but if anyone sees an ad "out of place" or something that seems too good to be true, please immediately report by clicking the report icon at the bottom left of the post.

Also, don't believe a seller claiming they emailed me a copy of their passport and I confirmed them as legit. Ask me first and don't ever believe a new member claiming to have been vetted by me unless I specifically tell you that.

Last edited:
Jessssuuuusss... where is this going to ?!

their necessity for a quick and/or easy money make them go great lenghts
to scam....

unbelievable !!!

great work Bob.... not a bit easy !

Nuno

Didn't one of them post to the for sale thread just to say hello? Seen that the other day, now it is deleted.

I also seen the seats they tried to post in the NorCal Japanese supercar meet. What a bunch of losers.

Didn't one of them post to the for sale thread just to say hello? Seen that the other day, now it is deleted.

Yes. Account was deleted right after that after he then posted a wheels thread that was lifted from San Diego craigslist.

Last edited:
Just confirmed one is a scammer. Very aggressive. If you are not doing your due diligence, you are going to get fleeced. These guys/gals are good.

Thank you for being ever vigilant, this is part of the reason NSXPrime is such a valued community!

Cheers,
Brian

Bob, did they also mess with the forum a bit? Last week when you listed eBay postings, when you clicked the "more" tab it pulled up some internet shopping webpage or something like that. It isn't happening now though.

I received an inbox from nsxmil and shawno both of which joined in April replying to one of my WTB threads. Both have 0 posts and the only way they would do business is through a moneygram claiming not knowing how to use PayPal. Can't prove they are scammers but definitely fishy enough for me not to do business with them.

Last edited:
I received an inbox from nsxmil and shawno both of which joined in April replying to one of my WTB threads. Both have 0 posts and the only way they would do business is through a moneygram claiming not knowing how to use PayPal. Can't prove they are scammers but definitely fishy enough for me not to do business with them.

Classic scam. Glad you didn't fall for it

Back