• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

me and brian may (of Queen)

as some of you know, brian may - lead guitarist of Queen - received
his PhD in astrophysics this past year. while he was wrapping up his
degree, he also wrote a book - BANG! The Complete History Of
The Universe (whataguy :). as it turns out, brian's in LA next tues for
a book signing of his book and when you order the book, you get to
meet & have brian sign the book. i bought the book :)

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!

i get to meet brian may!

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!

man-oh-man... it's gonna be great.

(thanks for listening :)

Sounds like a fun time. Where's the book signing?

I just turned my boys (10 & 13) on to Queen. Started with Innuendo. One of the American Idol contestants did a cover of "Show must go on" and my boys were astounded that I had heard the song and owned the CD.

Wow, Queen is the only artist whose music I hate so much that I change the station every time they start playing one of their songs on the radio. To me, it's like fingernails squealing on a chalkboard. Different strokes...

Sounds like a fun time. Where's the book signing?

I just turned my boys (10 & 13) on to Queen. Started with Innuendo. One of the American Idol contestants did a cover of "Show must go on" and my boys were astounded that I had heard the song and owned the CD.

i'm thinking it's gonna be great :)

http://www.booksoup.com/author-events.asp

innuendo was a good album. (turned my granddaughter - age 10 @ the time - on to queen last summer during our vacation. this year she's in to the beatles.)

Congrats! Coming from someone nicknamed "Queen lives" since the year 2000, this must be HUGE for you.
QueenLives since '94, on prime since '00 :)

yup, for me wrt rock gods, this is big... even bigger than meeting ray davies (of the kinks) several times over the years because brian never *ever* does this kind of stuff in the u.s. ... it's very rare.

Wow, Queen is the only artist whose music I hate so much that I change the station every time they start playing one of their songs on the radio. To me, it's like fingernails squealing on a chalkboard. Different strokes...
hahahahahaha - yup, different strokes.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/video-vault/191126-queen-bohemian-rhapsody-hear-raw-tracks.html

Sad to see Roger Taylor looking so old. Brian looks the same as always. I had a friend who was a real Brian May fanatic - built a replica guitar of Brian's before they were commercially available. I think he had him sign it.
thx for the link to that video - i'd seen it on tv before and wanted to see it again, so, much appreciated.

ah... age happens; some of us don't wear it so well....

Cooool! Sounds like you are going to have a blast. Grats.

PS. Dont forget to pimp your future NSX Honey :wink: :tongue: Brian might want to be your spokesman. :biggrin:

Cooool! Sounds like you are going to have a blast. Grats.

PS. Dont forget to pimp your future NSX Honey :wink: :tongue: Brian might want to be your spokesman. :biggrin:

thx!

and don't laugh on the honey-thing... my wife and i make jams, jellies, marmalades and liqueurs from the fruit of our trees, so i was thinkin' we'll put a special prime-Queen avatar label on jars of pomegranate jelly and tangerine marmalade for him :)

the only artist? Wow. Who is your favourite band/artist/genre?

i'm thinking it's gonna be great :)

http://www.booksoup.com/author-events.asp

innuendo was a good album. (turned my granddaughter - age 10 @ the time - on to queen last summer during our vacation. this year she's in to the beatles.)

The song innuendo is great. I first found queen/really became aware, through public enemy. They used the 'flash' intro on a song, been a queen fan ever since.

:biggrin:

thx!

and don't laugh on the honey-thing... my wife and i make jams, jellies, marmalades and liqueurs from the fruit of our trees, so i was thinkin' we'll put a special prime-Queen avatar label on jars of pomegranate jelly and tangerine marmalade for him :)

we (oldest son & granddaughter) had a great time meeting brian - every bit the easy going, low key, well mannered guy we've seen in interviews over the years.

there were a couple of hundred people there for the signing - we were 3rd in line - and though he was obviously jet lagged, he was warm and gracious with everyone he came in contact with.

on the downside, there wasn't any form of q&a with him about the book, science, music / music business these days, etc, so that was a bit disappointing.

(side note: just a few minutes before we were heading in to meet brian, a black '02+ nsx appeared on the opposite side of the street - anybody here?)

hal

I heard an interview with him on NPR yesterday regarding his book. He really does seem to be very humble and softspoken/compassionate. He talked a bit about their upcoming album with Paul Rogers.

(side note: just a few minutes before we were heading in to meet brian, a black '02+ nsx appeared on the opposite side of the street - anybody here?)

hal

Wouldn't you have just peed yourself if it was his?:smile:

Wouldn't you have just peed yourself if it was his?:smile:

now that would have been a hoot.

actually, they delivered him in a big ol' black bentley... nice ride. after brian was inside, the driver of the car put it in reverse and suh-lammed it into the ancient ice cream truck parked behind it.

BANG!

so i said, sotto voce, "well, the name of the book is, 'BANG! The Complete History Of The Universe'"

big laughs from everyone but the bentley driver....

He talked a bit about their upcoming album with Paul Rogers.
Did anyone here see the PBS show with QUEEN and Paul Roger's? It was awesome and Paul look's just as good as he did back in the '80's when I saw him on his solo tour. QUEEN rock's and one of my all time favorite album's is 'The Game'.

Did anyone here see the PBS show with QUEEN and Paul Roger's? It was awesome and Paul look's just as good as he did back in the '80's when I saw him on his solo tour. QUEEN rock's and one of my all time favorite album's is 'The Game'.

yes, i saw it! and i saw them in concert in '06(?) - they were very good, though we missed freddie. the game's a good album.

Back