• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meet & Cruise, Saturday June 2, 830am Richmond Hill

north/west corner of Leslie and Major Mackenzie (Parking area in between the Tim Hortons and RBC). Format could be anything, but our first meet can simply be a coffee social for an hour

Looking forward to the meet, so Saturday @ 8:30 is still a go right? Rain or shine? Where will we be having breakfast? Tim's?

Thanks

Most would be good with Tim's, otherwise a McD is just down the street at Bayview Major Mac. We may create a scene if all of us start lining up at the drive thru.

I plan to be there rain or shine. Obviously if it's thunderstorm, lightning or hail storm we would all practice common sense. Otherwise the backup plan is turning on our windscreen wipers.

If you decide not to attend due to concern on weather, pls post here so we know not to expect you.

Last edited:
Like I said I'm in and Tim's is fine with me!

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy's they're calling for a bit of rain but I say we still meet up. I too don't usually drive when it rains but it's supposed to be very light and plus our cars are Aluminum! Wash the car on Sunday! ...anyways it's only Tuesday and there's a decent chance the forecast will change.

Guy's they're calling for a bit of rain but I say we still meet up. I too don't usually drive when it rains but it's supposed to be very light and plus our cars are Aluminum! Wash the car on Sunday! ...anyways it's only Tuesday and there's a decent chance the forecast will change.

The Weather Network has been promising rain for 5 days now! Don't believe them, I'd rather believe my weather rock instead.

If it's wet, it's raining
If it's sideways, it's windy
If it's white, it's snowing
if it's gone, it's been stolen.

Hey fellas - better put me down as a strong doubtful for being there. Rain doesn't bother me but no steering is a challenge. I was hopeful that a replacement rack would fix that, but the one I got is apparently seized. One of the bearings in my original rack apparently failed so badly that it wore down the rack and pinion so unplugging the rack won't help. I'm thinking about going old school go-kart style using a string just to get it back on the road...

i dont own an nsx but i may show up to introduce myself to you guys in person while being in awe!

Nice...1151 post an no NSX Yet..... you may beat Sean F, because he has been looking for an NSX since 2004, untill two weeks ago.

Welcome, you'll meet a nice bunch of Guys.

Bram

ima fan and have been on the hunt for a year. a couple of near misses but no hits... yet!

:)

with that said i do have an embarrassing number of parts ready for the car (kw v3, wheels, cf console etc etc etc etc etc etc)

Nice...1151 post an no NSX Yet..... you may beat Sean F, because he has been looking for an NSX since 2004, untill two weeks ago.

Welcome, you'll meet a nice bunch of Guys.

Bram

Sorry don't think I'll be able to attend on Saturday. My NSX will not be ready until Tuesday = (

I freaking need a car wash anyway. Short of a full blown hail-storm, I will be there bright and early. Don't be chicken out from a bit of rain. I can assure you the car will not melt away in the rain.

Garrick, would be awesome if you can make a cameo
Bram, a bit far for you, but if you can swing it.
Mike, 1161 posts is quite a number, there is no shame in bringing parts to the meet. Garrick does that all the time in his daily. You are already an owner in our books.
Arshad, I passed my drive clean and got my renewal done, so rest assure my car will be there Saturday morning (unless it hails).
Chris, bring your daily to the meet.

Last edited:
Yeah I drive my car in the rain already so I don't really care what the weather is like. I'll be there unless there's a snowstorm (hey, you never know!) :biggrin:

Owen, glad to hear your emissions passed. Anything close to the edge? Where'd you end up going?

A little bit (or even a lot of rain) never damaged a NSX.
I will be there for sure.

Does anybody want to also go to in the afternoon:

Exotic Car Ride Charity Event for the James Fund
June 2nd, 2012 at the Powerade Centre in Brampton
1.00pm to 5.00pm.

http://www.carcontrolschool.com/schedule/

You take kids around a circuit laid out on the parking lot and their parents pay a donation to the James Fund.
Chance to help a charity, make some kids happy and get to see a bunch of exotic cars.

Yeah that's a great charity event. I've done it in the past. I believe it starts at 12pm. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year...

A little bit (or even a lot of rain) never damaged a NSX.
I will be there for sure.

1.00pm to 5.00pm.

You take kids around a circuit laid out on the parking lot and their parents pay a donation to the James Fund.
Chance to help a charity, make some kids happy and get to see a bunch of exotic cars.

That would be great but I have other commitments in the afternoon with the big boss (wife). I'll get grounded if I don't come through :(

Great cause but unfortunately I already have commitments in the afternoon.

Perhaps start another thread as you will have better respond since others can spot the title. Not many would check this thread as it relates to a morning meet and cruise in Richmond Hill. There may be takers in the west end.

1.00pm to 5.00pm.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, is it going to rain tomorrow the time we meet? Are we still doing this meet and exactly how many people are coming?:smile:

From my understanding, the event is ON rain or shine [unless the weather is relentless]. I'll be there if no storm :D

Will

The rain is supposed to dissipate over night then start back up late afternoon/evening...according to WN we'll get sunny breaks throughout the morning.

We are getting a fair share of rain this afternoon so I am hopeful for a dry morning with pocket of sunshine tomorrow. As we do not anticipate any kind of a storm. I will be regardless. We expect to see a minimum of 8-10 cars.

See you all bright and early.

Back