• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Megan Racing & Coilovers?

Anyone have any opinions about Megan Racing?
I'm thinking of getting the coilovers, who makes them?

Rich Wong

I don't have them but tons of people put them on their Lexus on Clublexus and I have only heard good things about them?
for the NSX they are only $880 on Megans Site??

Other forums say they are pretty good?

Personally, I know that Megan's product has improved by leaps and bounds. I actually have them on a couple of my own cars and have sold them to quite a few happy customers.

One very comforting fact is their excellent customer service and fabulous warranty - even after the warranty expires they will still help you - they have a $95 replacement fee if a unit fails outside of warranty too!

I know many who have them on their car and have yet to complain. Plus, the price is super appealing. Let us know how they are if you do get them. Good luck :cool:

These guys are made by BC now from what I've read? Do they come in custom spring rates too (ie can you get 12kgmm / 10kgmm vs the standard 8/10)

In the 300ZX world Megans are though of as cheaply made chinese knock-offs.

I know a lot of their exhaust products have fitment and quality control issues. The metal and welds are very thin. However the basement price keeps people buying them.

I'm not sure I would trust them with such a vital component of the car such as the suspension.

Personally, I know that Megan's product has improved by leaps and bounds...

I had serious issues with their suspension mods as well as gauges way back when i had an S13. I've always stayed away from them after all the broken tie rods and coil overs. They may have increased their reliability, but I will never try it again.

In the 300ZX world Megans are though of as cheaply made chinese knock-offs...

Not just the Z32 scene, but all of the Nissan and RSX scene. They are known as Mugen knock-offs, hence the name "Megan." I know that was the fact earlier when my track buddy, who was sponsored and distributed parts for Megan, told me all the stuff behind it.

Since the early days their product has really improved (how could they keep selling product with problems?) they stand behind their product 110% - I run them in my DD and one other car with zero issues.

I'd say with their warranty replacement policy, there is not much to lose -

I definitely can't say the same for Tein...

Greetings Rich,
I just installed them myself several weeks ago to replace my 18 yo oem shocks. For about $1,000 with height and harshness adjustability, they offer excellent value. BTW, I do not track my NSX. For street driving, they are more than adequate for me. I have no problem purchasing the same Megan Racing products again.
Regards,
Thomas
IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

please give us updates since they have a questionable rep.I'd like to know whether they clunk, leak, or you find the car bouncing on the spring,and or get tire rub on fast bumpy roads.

I've used Megan's before (another vehicle) street use and thought they were excellent. I've never seen anyone provide thorough feedback for track use though. Curious to know that answer on the NSX.

I'm not replacing my JIC's, just curious on the Megan's.

i have the megan ez street on my 02 tl type-s, running them for about 10k miles, still look new and i like them, my car is slammed and is a little stiff, but thats how lowered cars ride. they make no unusual noise

Greetings Rich,
I just installed them myself several weeks ago to replace my 18 yo oem shocks. For about $1,000 with height and harshness adjustability, they offer excellent value. BTW, I do not track my NSX. For street driving, they are more than adequate for me. I have no problem purchasing the same Megan Racing products again.
Regards,
Thomas
View attachment 81766

View attachment 81767

View attachment 81770

View attachment 81768

Thomas,
Thanks for the pics. I've heard the Megan top hats make noise.
Please send updates

Rich

Any coilover mounted with pillow ball upper mounts will tend to transmit more suspension noise into the body compared to oem style rubber bushing upper mounts.

Back