• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Melted front oxygen sensor M/F connector today. Where to buy?

MCM

Experienced Member
Kind of an odd issue... Anyone know where to purchase this male & female connector?
Never noticed it wasn't secured very well (past 15 yrs) & it contacted the cat & fried.
Noticed it wasn't running quite right today. Cruised on home and noticed the smoke,,,,
And am pretty sure this is why it seemed to have an out of the blue miss. lol lol...

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 20191020_150407.jpg
    20191020_150407.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 20191020_150155.jpg
    20191020_150155.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20191020_150258.jpg
    20191020_150258.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 126
You could try Cycle Terminal

https://cycleterminal.com/

He seems to be pretty good at sourcing various Japanese terminals and plug bodies. Clearly some sleuthing required because a visual comparison of the plug body is going to difficult because it looks like the plug has been zapped by a Men in Black Noisy Cricket (or whatever they called the thing).

The easy fix would be to get a matching male and female plug from Deutsche and just replace the plug and terminals. Genuine Deutsche connectors (as opposed to the Chinese knock-offs on Amazon) are very high quality. The Deutsche connectors even have grey bodies so it sort of looks correct. The down-side to that option is that it won't mate up to a new O2 sensor when it comes time to replace your sensor. The up-side is that Deutsche connectors are super easy to de-pin and all you wold need is the three inserts to transplant the connector to your new O2 sensor. You could also use a weatherpack conector which are pretty good; but, they are black and I admit that I am not a super fan of them.

Found a extension on ebay. "02 OXYGEN SENSOR EXTENSION HARNESS 4 WIRE CABLE KIT FOR HONDA"
Said to fit the NSX. Looks like problem solved.... Not worried about having an orig looking set up. 15 years
and I never noticed how poorly it was mounted. Will add a clamp to prevent from happening again.
This is probably the same one you mentioned on Amazon. https://www.ebay.com/itm/253668821664

Last edited:
Your setup is not original. Someone did that likely as they installed the dc / early CT headers. Also you are very lucky I have seen fried ecu,s when this happens

Back