• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mercedes Benz ranked 26th on JD Power

i agree MB is not what it used to be!my wifes ML430 is a POS!and my local service sucks,everytime her cars goes in they call her and tell her it needs brakes:rolleyes: she is smart enough to have them call and ask me about it.
so far my CL 55 AMG has been a dream.:)

Randall,

I had the same problem. I brought in my 01 E320 wagon with 20k miles and they called me telling me I needed new brakes. I told them NOT to do the work. Go to pick up the car, they did the work. I had to pay in order to pick up the car since the service department was closed. Called the service department the next day and since I asked them not to change the pads, they negotiated the price down so I paid.

I took it in again recently with 30k miles and they called me and said the same thing. I told them I thought they just changed them and they say "no that was the rear brakes". Regardless, I told them not to change them. Guess what? They changed them anyway. Service department was closed so I had to pay again. That night, I checked my service records and realized they had already replaced the pads recently. When I called them on it, they immediately refunded the entire amount, not questions asked.

Seems to me that this is a common practice to tell everyone they need to replace brake pads. I know the service reps are on commission which seems like a conflict of interest since customers are relying on the rep to keep their cars running properly and safely. Maybe MB should set some minimum ethical standards for their dealerships.

yep!when i told them to check the records,they said woooops,sorry.they had been replaced 5k miles ago.they also said i needed new rotors and when asked if they are warped they said that you can't turn MB rotors.:rolleyes:

I just replaced my brakes on my M-class as well. $1100. Quality on the M-class is really poor. One of my employees has an S55 AMG and the quaility ain't that great either.

However, you gotta admit that Mercedes' styling has improved over the years. Can't say the same thing with BMW.

randall...about that '31 of yours...

hey randall,

do you have any pics of that '31 5-window? if so, i'd really like to see them. i don't think i'ver ever seen anyone else here that had a street rod or was even into them. not saying they aren't out there, but i just haven't come across them. i grew up around street rods -- i spent a majority of my childhood fetching tools for my dad as he was working on his. right now he's got a '41 willys coupe (all steel, w/ a blower and alot of other fun stuff) and is in the process of trying to finish up a '36 packard convertible. i am also on the verge of getting on @ StreetScene magazine as an associate editor, so i'd get to travel around the country taking pics and writing about rod runs and such. sorry for the long-winded post, but again, just glad to see another friendly street rodder is hiding w/in our nice little NSX community.

Adam

Back