• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mercedes CL500 - Thoughts

All - Haven't posted in awhile now. Next year, I am seriously considering either an NSX or a CL500 (2001-2003, probably). I would definitely get an aftermarket or some type of extensive coverage extended warranty.

I would like some feedback on the CL500 from owners and non-owners alike. I already have a couple of sports cars, so I am considering the mature ride of the Mercedes. But I am on the fence. They are both completely different cars with completely different "functions", I know.

Anyhow, your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Eggman.

Judging by your previous (or current cars)......the nsx fits you better...

cl500 is very powerful, nice torque (although i prefer the cl55..)...you will get the back seat, not ithat ts that comfortable to sit back there....

Nsx has many pros over the cl500.... from quality build....to maintenance....to driver's enjoyment, to connection to the road, to exoticness.

The mercedes cl500 is more of a luxury, with some sport
The nsx is a pure sport...

Few years back i owned a black on black s500, the sedan version, but i wanted a pure luxury....... so you have to address what you are really looking for.....luxury or sport.....you want the admiration of a luxury emblem, or the "the emotional connection with the car"

The main thing beside the obvious, is that with the nsx, you and the road are one.....mercedes even though with its new extremely powerful cars, you feel somewhat disconnected from the road.

DocDan just commented on the emotional factor of the nsx...he sold his nsx and got an sl55(which is more sporty than the cl55)...its a recent post ...check it out....

Here is a website i was a member of for years ...check it out..

www.benzworld.org

you can also check edmunds consumer ratings and reviews on both cars...

www.edmunds.com

good luck

Back