• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just wanted to post a new option for ecu upgrade VR Tuned NSX

Please provide thoughts or feedback.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/08hf3CZ8Jz8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is something we started working on about 6-7 months ago. We have tried 2 different products and with a few revisions we now have a product available.

Will work on getting more info in this thread this week.

Get your Acura NSX Tuned with the worlds first performance Tuning Box kit from VR Tuned. This kit is specifically designed for the NSX 3.5L V6 twin turbocharged engine. Having used tuning box kits on cars such as Porsche, McLaren, BMW, Mercedes, and others, these kits will dramatically change the vehicles performance. Available for all markets that sell the NSX under the Acura or Honda brand, this tuning box kit is far superior to ECU tuning. Each tuning box kit is a plug and play solution to boost your vehicles twin turbocharged engine performance of 581HP | 507PS. This still allows the electric motors to function unchanged. The multi-channel tuning box kit plugs into the boost sensor, manifold pressure sensor, camshaft sensor to take control of these parameters. The performance map on the digital tuning box helps drive the power up while still being safe, reliable, and effective. Because the tuning box is a plug and play device, it can be removed for warranty purposes without any trace from factory diagnostic tools. Each kit also come with a jumper plug that allows you to put it in a stock mode.
This is NOT A DIY INSTALL so please have a qualified shop to do the installation. See instructions on link below.
U/MOriginalTunedIncrease
BHP
+ 106
NM
+ 166

<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</tbody>
Features:

• Plug and Play for removal to avoid warranty issues
  • Does not lock to vehicle or VIN
  • Harness has OEM style connectors, no splicing or cutting
  • Tuning Box features a weatherproof case
  • Digital Microprocessor Controlled
  • Proven power gains
  • Tuning Box cannot eliminate CELs from catless or high flow cat exhaust parts

Holy ... Almost 700HP? Now you are telling my the NSX could keep up with GT2RS, 720S for 1/8 mile race!!

Good video. Looks impressive, and quite involved. I'm sure that the exhaust upgrade adds some HP as well, and I'd guess that it might be required to get these gains. The tale will be told with observed 0-60 and 1/4 mile times????

We know people want more data. All i can say is its a night and day difference and I was ready to sell my car. This changed my mind.

Awesome! Now if only Acura could give more ponies officially...but until then, this seems good for people wanting to be on the bleeding edge.

In real life, or Track, quick 1/8 mile, may be 1/4mile is more than enough .. how often and why drag race 1/2 mile or 1 mile ...

Even not really extra 100hp gain, 50-70HP gain is nice, and more realistic, (reliable too) and the number looks good, .2 sec quick 0-60mph and .3 quicker 1/4 mile, that small gain, now NSX is as quick/ quicker than 610, R8+, 570S, 911 Turbo, 488 those super cars! ^_^

I would love to wait a bit, want to see real life reviews, and see how reliable, again, the Hybrid system is complicated! (so, nothing change to the Hybrid system? )

I saw this posted on FB yesterday. I'm pretty excited as well, but going to wait to hear some customer 1/4 miles times. If customers can get 10.65 1/4 miles then this is an easy yes.
Few questions,

- I know it says that it should be professionally installed, but the instructions seem pretty simple. How long does this install take for the average DIYer to do?
- Does the car sound any different with the tune?
- Does your test car have any other mods? Exhaust? DP?

you have to remove all the engine covers, then it basically plugs in which should take about 60-90 minutes to connect and get the box in place. My car currently just has Armytrix rear valved exhaust.

Good catching up today Rob--- ill be in contact tomorrow about delivery options.

I would think that an exhaust upgrade would be almost mandatory to maximize HP. To put more into the engine, you gotta be able to get it out.......

Ordered, will be here tomorrow and installed Thursday or Friday. I will report here about the SOTP feel since I dont think Ill be dyno'ing it.

Ordered, will be here tomorrow and installed Thursday or Friday. I will report here about the SOTP feel since I dont think Ill be dyno'ing it.

My method also.....butt dyno.

My method also.....butt dyno.

Yeah plus Vivid did a dyno and Ive been been buying products and talking with the owners for over 10 years so I trust them. If this was a fly by night company I would think twice but not here; in fact I have the unit in my hands as I type and its going in today or tomorrow (my installer has to open up some time).

Yeah plus Vivid did a dyno and Ive been been buying products and talking with the owners for over 10 years so I trust them. If this was a fly by night company I would think twice but not here; in fact I have the unit in my hands as I type and its going in today or tomorrow (my installer has to open up some time).

My timing of buying this car was awesome. I can’t wait to hear the butt dyno results. But honestly, butt or shop dyno, are both wildly misleading. To me the only thing that matters is 1/4 mile times. If you can shave 2/10th of a second off the 1/4 you’ve made a difference.

My timing of buying this car was awesome. I can’t wait to hear the butt dyno results. But honestly, butt or shop dyno, are both wildly misleading. To me the only thing that matters is 1/4 mile times. If you can shave 2/10th of a second off the 1/4 you’ve made a difference.

I wont do a track test but draggy can confirm as well. The beauty of the piggy is I can install the dummy plug and zero it out and then remove it for a test right after. I just dropped off the car 30 min ago. Now Im gonna go drink.

Wow! Awesome Vic55, love to see what you think/feel, bit nervous how the whole hybrid system will adopt the piggy tune.. Ideally, love to see pushing the 3 brushless motors more as well! (more aggressive timing, etc)

I wont do a track test but draggy can confirm as well. The beauty of the piggy is I can install the dummy plug and zero it out and then remove it for a test right after. I just dropped off the car 30 min ago. Now Im gonna go drink.

Great news Vic! Can't wait to hear your impressions on this piggyback tune.

BTW, kudos to Vivid for coming out with this. There have been talks about tunes being in the works by a few companies for many many months, yet no release dates (keeping everyone in suspense). Vivid came out of nowhere, surprised everyone, and was first to market with their solution for the NSX. How awesome is that.

Whats the update? Very interested! 😀

Back