• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mercedes GLK250 BlueTec

43ce6cdd8ad3403e8a44e2edc2b6f2a3.jpg

Our 2008 Ford Hybrid Escape is getting a little old and I am interested in updating some of the tech and convenience features (easier fold down seats for example). Before anyone asks, we had a look at the RDX, but to be honest it is a little too mini-van looking whereas the GLK is the only small SUV with a more truck like appearance. The BlueTec is preferred due to the fuel efficiency and just as important tax break on the VA property tax. Should save us around $400-500 per year with the tax credit alone.

Does anyone have any experience with these cars and any opinions on what is worth having and what isn't?
Major maintenance issues that should make us reconsider?

Thanks!

I LOVE my ML320 Bluetec TDI. I can get 20 30 MPG with modest driving easy. For long trips, it's 30+. Only 'issue', especially in Austin where I live, is that Diesel availability can be tight. I've run out of gas, derr... diesel couple of times because I was too lazy.

If you're in a city where Diesel has good availability, or you're more diligent than me at refilling as soonas you're about 1/4 away, can't go wrong. Maintenance wise, just follow the service schedule.. Mercedes Diesel engines have a reputation to be bullet proof. All the other parts have a reputation to be ridiculously expensive :). But that's Mercedes for you... I'm also leasing though.

One more thing, TORQUE!

Last edited:
My wife has been dd a glk350 for the last year and half. Great through the winter, only issue i had was the brakes wear out quicky. The glk is built off the old c class platform which has been rock solid. I just got her a RRSS so now im driving it until the lease is up. All around great veh. Just dont try to fit two young kids w car seats in the back if your over 6ft and want to drive with your knee's not touching the dashboard.

Back