• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MexiRicer's Na2

Hello my fellow primers. I was finally able to register since I first tried back in 09 LOL. Thats around the time I had seriously set my eyes on an NSX. My search seemed endless and doubtful, so I decided on an s2000 instead. After meeting my buddy Louis (AdvansCPAP) and always seeing his sexy 91 berlina black with full 02+ exterior conversion, he convinced me to wait around for the right deal to come about, and i nodded my head in agreement. After about a year and a half of searching and walking away from tempting deals...

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

I couldn't be any happier I decided to wait it out. Big thanks to Louis for finding this listing for me from a fellow primer (Blue Steal). Louis literally texted me the day it was listed (Jan 6th) and i knew i had to pursue. Also wanted to thank Blue Steal for being very reasonable and easy to deal with throughout the entire purchase process.

As you can see, I am a skilled iPhone camera photographer =] I'll get better quality pix up of interior and under that rear hatch during the daytime soon.

97 NSX-T in Monte Carlo Blue/ Onyx interior (1 of 26)

Came with some nice goodies:
Comptech CF Intake Box
Comptech Sport Exhaust
Comptech Sport Headers
Comptech short shifter
Comptech front/rear sway
RPS Clutch/LW Flywheel
Slotted rotors all around
Hawk HPS brake pads
SS brake lines
OEM 02+ Targa Tower Support Brace
OEM NSX-R shift knob
OEM NSX-R shift boot
OEM NSX-R door handles
OEM NSX-R center tail lens
CF overlay center console assembly
CF cluster bezel
Double-din w/navi, 8" sub and MB Quarts components
BBS RS-II staggered 17/18's

Future plans include...
Getting the paint treated and take out all the spider-webbing
Remove tint
JIC Magic FLT-A2 low ride height damper kit
Upgrade the 2003 Eclipse Double-Din it currently has
Trade or sell the current Comptech Sport Exhaust system for a Taitec GTLW
Swap the current red-filled H badges with standard chrome H badges
Shine Type-1 Chin Spoiler
Redo the CF overlay inside the car and replace with Real CF
02+ Rear Valence
02+ Rear Taillight assembly
Clear Sidemarkers
Shave red rear side reflectors

It feels sooooooo damn good to be an owner!!! :D Let me know what you guys think, +/- feedback is welcomed.

BTW if anyone is interested, pictures of my DD can be found here http://www.socalcivic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15463

Last edited:
are you not glad you waited for the NSX instead of the Girly girl S2000

down here in Florida we call NSX's birds, as in SR-71 Blackbird

fast little buggers, LOL

I like the color to post some pics of the car in the sunlight. it reflects better i think.

congrats and welcome to the club.

I would change rims thought LOL

I like mine Stock " Looking "

Congrats! Nice looking automobile!

Thank you sir =]

The color is unbelievable.. you didn't mention if its lowered.

Thanks man, its currently on stock suspension.

are you not glad you waited for the NSX instead of the Girly girl S2000

down here in Florida we call NSX's birds, as in SR-71 Blackbird

fast little buggers, LOL

I like the color to post some pics of the car in the sunlight. it reflects better i think.

congrats and welcome to the club.

I would change rims thought LOL

I like mine Stock " Looking "

VERY EXTREMELY SUPER AMAZINGLY glad i waited lol... I'll get some pix up of her in the sunlight as soon as i can. Rims will suffice for now as i want to invest in JIC Coilovers first.

That's a gorgeous color. Are you aware of the once a month meet in Costa Mesa? It's the first Thursday of each month, so it's coming up next week, March 3rd. I'd love to see your car and say hello.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145762

I tell him all the time about it..maybe this time he'll go. I think I may drop by to see if anyone has got new mods.

You should go MexiRicer at least once!

Congrats to you! Enjoy for many many miles.

Caught my eye when you said "bought from Bluesteal."

'Cause I see on fleabay now that fine fine 2004 LBBP.onyx six speed w/low miles he is trying to move. Oak Hill, CA?

No interest in the NSX other than it looked quite nice. :smile:

Again, congrats and the wait was worth it, huh?

(Nine hours left on it, right now just N of $52 K. 18,200 miles. BAT! Blue Batmobile, calling your name!)

Last edited:
That's a gorgeous color. Are you aware of the once a month meet in Costa Mesa? It's the first Thursday of each month, so it's coming up next week, March 3rd. I'd love to see your car and say hello.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145762

I noticed you have my sister color, LBBP, both colors are beautiful :) Yes I am aware just been caught up with other things and havn't been able to make it.. perhaps next week tho =]

I tell him all the time about it..maybe this time he'll go. I think I may drop by to see if anyone has got new mods.

You should go MexiRicer at least once!

Haha lets skip the gym and go then dude..

'Cause I see on fleabay now that fine fine 2004 LBBP.onyx six speed w/low miles he is trying to move. Oak Hill, CA?

(Nine hours left on it, right now just N of $52 K. 18,200 miles. BAT! Blue Batmobile, calling your name!)

Most definetly :) did you know bluesteal personally, or something? And the wait was beyond worth it. To imagine myself in an s2k rather than an NSX knowing now how it feels to own and drive, speechless!
Funny you mentioned that cuz yesterday I was browsing though NSXs for sale and I came across that one.. Gorgeous!!

Last edited:
Man that is a beautiful color - damn that thing looks good - and I like the wheels - don't pay any attention to Shawn...lol. I really can't believe all the goodies you got with the car - awesome and the interior - gotta see pics of that and would like to know what carbon fiber kit your talking about replacing what you have with?

Gotta also give us the specs on the car - mileage - maintenance history, etc.

Great car - now about this daily deal - you are planning to drive your NSX aren't you? To nice not be driven...:wink:

I noticed you have my sister color, LBBP, both colors are beautiful :) Yes I am aware just been caught up with other things and havn't been able to make it.. perhaps next week tho =]
If you like brownies, I bring some good ones to the meets. And no, they aren't that kind of brownies, just your normal triple-chocolate moist numm numms. :wink:

Ya, the car sold for 52k on ebay. Killer deal. I'm gonna look at a 97 locally here this Sunday. Origional owner with only 12k mi on the car!

B@t

Ya, the car sold for 52k on ebay. Killer deal. I'm gonna look at a 97 locally here this Sunday. Origional owner with only 12k mi on the car!

B@t

I looked at the carflax on it - it bounced around a bit, looked like it went out new on a two year lease. Indeed looked attractively priced.

Nice color, and welcome to Prime! I had those BBS wheels on my old M3, nice but Im not feeling them on the NSX, IMO of course like it matters anyways :redface:

Man that is a beautiful color - damn that thing looks good - and I like the wheels - don't pay any attention to Shawn...lol. I really can't believe all the goodies you got with the car - awesome and the interior - gotta see pics of that and would like to know what carbon fiber kit your talking about replacing what you have with?

Gotta also give us the specs on the car - mileage - maintenance history, etc.

Great car - now about this daily deal - you are planning to drive your NSX aren't you? To nice not be driven...:wink:

Hey man thanks for the extra nice comments =] The wheels at first I didnt like so much but they've grown onto me, and with a drop I'm sure they will look 5x better =] I will have to get my sis to let me borrow her dig camera so i can point and shoot some snaps of the interior!! Sorry I've been lagging, been super busy with school, gym and work. Soon enough though =]

Well, a brief history of this car... The first 8 years of its life were spent in Florida and the previous owner had it shipped to So Cal in 2005. When it arrived, he immediately took it to Shane at Autowave. He had the TB/WP replaced and the list goes on and on. He dropped a pretty penny to make this car worry free for a real long time. Shortly after, he had the RPS clutch put in and some other mods to get ready for CTSC. Shane installed it and tuned it. He ran it for about 15k miles with the CTSC, took it off at around 85k and sold it to me just a few hundred miles shy of 88k. Unfortunately, the RPS clutch is TOAST. It slips like crazy. Smells horrible inside the cabin etc. Will be placing an order for SOS Sport Clutch here very soon as I have been reading nothing but positive reviews on it. My buddy Louis (AdvansCPAP) referred me to Gary (Certified NSX tech) over at H&A Auto in Costa Mesa and he confirmed that in fact the clutch is toast.

I have a 1997 Civic Dx that I am very comfortable commuting in. Thats not to say I don't drive my X anywhere but only to and from places I am comfortable taking it/ leaving it parked at. What the heck am I saying, I already put 800 miles on it :redface: Sometimes I'll literally just start it up and drive it just to drive it =]

nice car dude, now it's my turn..unless a shiny Z06 gets waved in front of me.

Hop on that Z06 QUICK Adrian!!! Quit laggin =]

If you like brownies, I bring some good ones to the meets. And no, they aren't that kind of brownies, just your normal triple-chocolate moist numm numms. :wink:

I will more than likely be there with my fried clutch, if the weather permits. Don't want to drive my car in the rain =/

Nice color, and welcome to Prime! I had those BBS wheels on my old M3, nice but Im not feeling them on the NSX, IMO of course like it matters anyways :redface:

Thank you for the warm welcome.. I definetly plan on changing the wheels when the time comes. I've always loved the Work Emotion Cr-Kai and Enkei RPF-01, but maybe I'll have changed my mind when that time comes around =]

BTW... Is it just me or does Prime log you out automatically if you take too long to hit the submit button... I had to type this out twice =/ I copied and pasted it just in case it didnt go through, and sure enough it logged me out lol, good thing i saved.

Oh Oh Oh one more thing before I forget... I recieved my clear sidemarkers from NSXclear.com this week and they look flawless!!! Can't wait to out them on :D Thanks Ethan!!

Nice car. I met Blue Steal at an NSX run several years ago and havn't talked to him since. He was a very cool down to earth guy so I'm sure the transaction went smooth. I know he took good care of that car so you shouldn't have much to worry about. Welcome to the family :smile:

Oh yeah, I really like the wheels but that might be because I have the same ones in chrome :tongue:

-Steve

<----- Jealous this guy!!!! I was looking for a monte carlo blue NSX for over a year but everytime I found one it was out of my budget. I never even saw this one up for sale. Congrats on your find and just so you know I will always be jealous of you as long as you own it LOL.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!! She is currently in Autowave's garage getting the SOS Sport Clutch installed, I cant wait to pick her up Tuesday morning :D

Nice ride man. MCB is probably my second favorite color for the NSX over Berlina Black, which we all know is the fastest color. ;) I think you should get some 16/17 OEM "Brushed Silver" rims. With a 1" drop, you would be turning heads everywhere you go.

Thanks for the props Honcho!

Funny you mentioned rims in brushed silver. I had been thinking the same thing the past few weeks. It is essential in my book to match wheels with the paint and whatever other mods are on the car. I've seen some not-so-nice setups on our cars unfortunately :/ I plan on eventually running 18/17 silver Enkei Rpf1's with an aggressive drop :D

Hey Mex, I think I waved to you during the monthly meet. Sorry I was tied up chatting and munching on the pizza. Didn't get to mingle as much cause there were quite a few folks there that night. :biggrin: Nice ride, those BBS's were the wheels I wanted back in the day, but were a pain to find so I eventually gave up and settled on my TE-37's. (which were just as much a pain to get in the size I wanted by the way :rolleyes:) Props to you.

Back