• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Took mine to work 4 days this week.... preparing for the long withdrawal....

The wife took Hers/Ours out on Sunday for a short jaunt to give rides to a couple of friends of ours, I've got the "Pink":redface: battery tender on it & may take it out on Sunny days before the White S--T flies :wink: We didn't even put 500 miles on it this season :frown:

Here is the NSX going through the tunnels!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PdRMoXKAneI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's official now - the first snow :frown:

But Weds and Thurs (Thanksgiving) were SOOOO nice I knew I'd better hit it. So Weds afternoon I got out for about 24 miles - it felt real good.

DSC_74801.jpg

But Neal, what were you doing OFF the tracks?

See you guys Wednesday. I plan to make it this week.

Thank you guys for compliments on photo - I stocked up this past summer so I can throw one up here every now-n-then over da loooong winter. :smile:

To give credit on them - thank you Nathan Leach-Proffer of Ann Arbor, MI. We took a Sunday afternoon following the August Toledo (OH) Cars-N-Coffee drive/meet to visit a semi-abandoned location near the infamous Willow Run Airport and Willow Run GM/Hydramatic plant. Nathan climbed up onto the freeway overpass to capture some images. His work is impressive and I am pleased to have so many fine photos to treasure.

Had a good ride this am, fortunately when it was sunny and before the rain and sleet arrived. Maybe the last ride of 2012?

Michigan check-in &amp; spotting by blodi pt.2

Pick up my new daily driver today at 5:00pm. Comes with an extra set of snow tires too. FX35 w/Sports pkg & FX45 20"s. I will be removing the homie chromie window trim thing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355405692.048238.jpg

Very NICE, Teej!

Blodi I seem to go through right fronts quicker than L fronts so I ordered an extra front tire. Maybe need a look at the alignment there. The zappos box? No idea, truly, but you know women...

Snow. Salt. Bleech. Winter is officially here.

Drove the NSX as late as December 21. Was hoping to take a Christmas drive! Oh well.... can't complain!

ZZZzzzzzzz, all the NSX's are sleeping....

:tranquillity:

But we're not! Happy New Year to all.

Perhaps we can plan/execute an NSX get-together next season.

Michigan check-in &amp; spotting by blodi pt.2

blodi, anytime you want to start screwing around with those photos is fine for me. lol

and yeah, i ripped off the side chrome at the door pillars and that body trim mid door. Then has it detailed at a nearby place, I replaced the cabin air filter, and shes good to go.

Nice!

Mrs PJR's lease on the Mazda crossover was just about up; dealer bought it out (with dent and two bald tires) and she now has a new Buick Regal as of Thursday. It's a surprisingly nice car. I may take a spin in the GS at some point in the future; all I hear is great stuff about that ride.

On another note, I ran across a slot car shop in Livonia the other day. It's a HUGE shop, with three LARGE tracks (a 4 lane, 6 lane, and an 8 lane setup). Tons of cars for sale too. Group events OK. My 787B is ready for another spin! Might be a good winter activity.... www.lightningspeedway.com anyone?

I got 28 miles in Imola yesterday. It was nice to have a January thaw. It was either place it on batt tender or drive it - easy decision.

NSXPO 2013 announced mid-October Raleigh, NC, and at VIR. See unofficial NSXCA forum.

Back