• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Ryans stuff goes to machining later today, so we should be on schedule for a dropoff/pickup for you two by the end of the month. Next up, is the Jersey motor assembly. I'm hoping to have that hoss in the car before Ryan's stuff gets back, so that I can multitask between tuning the Jersey motor and assembling/installing/tuning Ryan's stuff. Sleep? After Pikes Peak. Well, then we have our little one due August 8th, so then perhaps sleep when dead?

Congratulations Cody (and Tabatha)!

Sleep When Dead, THAT could be your book title right there ;^D

Brian

Hopefully soon I'll have some great pics of car work coming up as i am in the works of buying my first home finally but it requires a 203K loan as previous owners plugged the sump pump drains, stole the heat pump, and stole the well pressure tank. There are multiple offers in but i feel confident as i am over list. Soon my NSX will have its own garage to stay in, instead of at my grandfather's, and i can get some well needed TLC going to it. If so i will be starting a thread on it probably along with my house work ill be doing. Wish me luck as i have been looking for a home now for over a year and missed out on one i probably would have loved(engineered log home) when i was deployed.

Hopefully soon I'll have some great pics of car work coming up as i am in the works of buying my first home finally but it requires a 203K loan as previous owners plugged the sump pump drains, stole the heat pump, and stole the well pressure tank. There are multiple offers in but i feel confident as i am over list. Soon my NSX will have its own garage to stay in, instead of at my grandfather's, and i can get some well needed TLC going to it. If so i will be starting a thread on it probably along with my house work ill be doing. Wish me luck as i have been looking for a home now for over a year and missed out on one i probably would have loved(engineered log home) when i was deployed.

GOOD LUCK Aaron!

You looking out Monclova/Springfield Twp/Whitehouse area?

I was searching a very large area ranging from there all the way west to Wauseon which is closer to my hometown area/family West Unity. The house i finally found is in the country out in the northern part of Delta. I am pretty anxious but i probably won't know until Monday. I think the other offers are cash offers so I probably have the highest offer but with the 203k loan they may take the cash i think so then they wont have to deal with the contingencies involved ,inspections and appraisals due before closing so it is really up in the air.

My offer was accepted and i have already got my contractor out to do the estimates on repairs and it is looking extremely promising as long as the bank appraisal doesn't snag stuff up at all, my X will finally have it's home! The garage is already 1/2 insulated so wouldn't take me much to insulate the ceiling and throw in a wood pellet stove or something and give her a nice cozy place to hibernate thru the winters and me I great spot to get some of that pesky maintenance done to the old girl during the down season. Hope everything is working well with everyone, i see there is a few people here going thru some hefty overhauls.

We need more NSX's in west Michigan.... someone move out here... EnergyTrader is selling his '96 GRN/TAN (has not listed yet but will), Doug is burned out from the scene from what I gathered last Summer (10+ year NSX primer)..... some old dude is getting too old (havent met him yet but our vehicles are stored next to each other) so he's rumored to be selling his.

Although I am sure there may be at least another 2 somewhere over here, from what I know, its just me and David Leathers which leaves over in Grand Ledge.

NSX.jpg

Haven't shared any pictures lately. This was at autocross at Toledo airport, I cut a full second off my my last run compared to the other runs I did by just taking advice from a friend who has been doing this awhile. I am not very good and I am stuck in a class that people actually have dedicated autocross cars in just because I have sway bars so i usually don't do very good but it is still fun. Hopefully I'll get her on a real track and get some instruction but that will be awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

NSX1.jpgNSX2.jpgNSX3.jpg
Found some more

Aaron your NSX has changed since we saw it on the showroom floor! :wink:

And since it is snowing and blowing outside today:

DSC_7795_zpsdac2bc5a.jpg

While my car has been on its winter vacation up north I figured it was a good time to redo the floor in the "Man Cave" where is sits and get it all organized and hang up some stuff that I've been meaning to.
I had stick down tiles back there on the old linoleum floor and they kept peeling up. So scraped them all up and coated the floor instead.
I just ordered a banner print of my car that I hung up on the back wall, 2.5' x 6'. Still want to replace a couple other things hanging up. But its getting there. It has been a good winter project.
It will look good in there with the ol' Honda back. :wink:

IMG_20130302_143822 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130302_143756 by blodi, on Flickr

Looks good Ryan, and here I thought my 20"x30" printout of my car looked cool. Where'd you order the 2.5'x6'? Fathead?

Vistaprint.com It was only like $50 shipped, which is pretty good I thought for being on durable banner vinyl. I found some old original ads for my Kawasaki online that I just ordered and am going to scan them in and have Vistaprint do them up in poster size to hang above the bike. Their prices are really reasonable.

Wow Ryan, a very good use of your time!
Who took the picture of you running down the back straight of Waterford Hills?

Brian

Hope he picked up the engine yesterday because my car is gone !!!!!!!!!

Car? What car?

All packed up, although I missed the heavy lifting. Was able to provide comic relief by arriving in a freshly muddied NSX.. out for its first ride of the year. Dirt Road 1, NSX 0 for those keeping score.

Yep, Cody nabbed our engine after picking your car up, Tim.
He didn't arrive alone either, as he brought his 2 Great Danes along for the ride!
Patrick, thanks for driving your NSX, and don't worry.......it's just a little dirt ;^D

Brian

Cody & Big Dogs by NSXbrian, on Flickr

NSX Posse by NSXbrian, on Flickr

Back