• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mid-Engined Corvette - HOT!!!

If you read through the articles, they probably won't do it. If they haven't found the need to make a mid-engine Corvette in 30 years they aren't going to start now.

Honda had a mid engine car - and look at the ASCC.

"One of the problems is that mid-engine cars have bad proportions."... "The Chrysler 300 and C6 Corvette both have great proportions. The Ferrari Enzo does not." :confused:

I think the chances you will see a mid-engine Vette in the next 10 years are about the same as a Jewish Pope.

"But they are fun for enthusiasts. These are not good business decisions..." He is right. A person who buys a 911, Audi R8, Cayman, NSX etc. is not going to touch a Corvette.... mid-engine, performance bargain or not. The C6 is a great sports car/track car and the Z06 even better. But I wouldn't buy one, even if it was mid-engine.

Last edited:
Rumors have been rampant in recent months about the next "super" Vette. Reported to be a force-inducted and rated at 650 hp. That I would believe since the current C6 Z06 already pushes well above 505 hp.

Corvette dating back to the early days (and through out his tenure as Chief Engineer) of Zora Arkus-Duntov have had "engineering research car" with mid-engine configurations. CERV I, II and III were all mid-engine designed. The later, CERV III was even powered by an early Lotus-designed LT5 engine (ZR-1).

I have been waiting for a mid engine Vette for decades. If they make one, I'll buy it.

Rumors have been rampant in recent months about the next "super" Vette. Reported to be a force-inducted and rated at 650 hp. That I would believe since the current C6 Z06 already pushes well above 505 hp.

Corvette dating back to the early days (and through out his tenure as Chief Engineer) of Zora Arkus-Duntov have had "engineering research car" with mid-engine configurations. CERV I, II and III were all mid-engine designed. The later, CERV III was even powered by an early Lotus-designed LT5 engine (ZR-1).

dont forget the turbos on that lt5 :wink: wasnt there a 4 rotor mid engined vette concept too?

It looks like the rear was a photoshop from the same Cadillac used in some of the NSX photoshops.

dont forget the turbos on that lt5 :wink: wasnt there a 4 rotor mid engined vette concept too?

Yes, Dick Balsley with Chevy Advance Engineering designed the twin-turbo into that early phase LT5. Twin-turbo 650 hp, all-wheel steering, active suspension, continuously variable transmission and all the bells-and-whistle of a multi-million $$ engineering platform vehicle.

There is a 4-rotor mid-engined Vette, the Aerovette. Engineered in early-70s using two 2-rotor engine mated into a 4-rotor. Too much vibration and speaking of gasoline economy, it'll put a another decimal to Exxon-Mobil's annual net profits.

Attachments

• cerv iii.jpg
    cerv iii.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 73_Chevy_Aerovette.jpg
    73_Chevy_Aerovette.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 76
"But they are fun for enthusiasts. These are not good business decisions..." He is right. A person who buys a 911, Audi R8, Cayman, NSX etc. is not going to touch a Corvette.... mid-engine, performance bargain or not. The C6 is a great sports car/track car and the Z06 even better. But I wouldn't buy one, even if it was mid-engine.

Thats right. I don't want to hang out with my friends with a Chevrolet, Period.

A mid-engined Vette? Would I buy one? Hmmm....Well, it would certainly increase the chances!!

I have no permanent ban on purchasing American cars. Just build something appealing, and I'll buy!
If I had the $$$, I would be all over a Ford GT!

So would this be considered a mid engined vette?

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html

4604a.jpg

i think you confused "a person" with yourself. how do you know "a person (other than yourself) who buys a 911, Audi R8, Cayman, NSX etc." doesn't want to touch a corvette? hell, "a person" might have one of those cars and a vette lying around.

besides, i bet there are plenty of people who would like a mid-engined vette.

chronic weak spot.jpg
hehe

Back