• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Milehighmileage's 91 Berlina Black from the dead

Hi

care to share the 'proper way'

>
Here is a great example of just letting some things go and having people that know what they are doing work on your car:
Previously, I posted about how great my car looked after polishing... And it did.. until I pulled it out under the sun.
Turns out, if you have an idiot who has no idea what they are doing, and hand them an orbital polisher and a wool pad, they will destroy the clear coat (or whats left of it). The good part to the situation is that the idiot in this case was myself so I could only hold onto the frustration deep down inside.
I've always stayed in touch with a car-friend from high school and as it turns out, he does paint correction for a living!
We have gone back and forth with I-Owe-U's but this time around I have some serious debt to pay. He spent about 11 hours teaching and helping re-polish the car in a proper way.

>

Holy Smokes! I apologize I never saw your reply.
The "Proper Way" is just a giant series of steps of Cleaning/ Decontaminating, Cutting, then many many hours of polishing. I had a friend that does paint correction for a living give me pointers and let me use his DA polishers. We spent about 12 hours on it together, so in total this job is about 20 Hours.

Ok, here comes my annual thread update :eek:

Lots of free time to be had during this Covid-19 outbreak has been spent on my car. unfortunately the vast majority has felt like body work but hey what can ya do?
- Biggest mechanical repair I made was fixing the dented oil pan from a.. lets say foolish decision.
Before:
20200517_223948.jpg
Oil pan gasket Part No. (Thanks to Jimmy Pham for sending this part so Quick)
20200517_224035.jpg
Installed:
20200517_224024.jpg

I had an issue dealing with the rusted hardware when removing the lower pipe that attaches to the header, what a PITA. (I plan on going na2 headers at some point)
But NSX-0 Chase-1
Irwin sells a socket set that has teeth for removing stripped/ rusted bolts and nuts
Aftermath:
20200517_224005.jpg

Also performed a Fuel Filter Change/ Spark Plug service
20200517_223752.jpg
Discovered bank 1 coil packs are super rusty from water running down the rear cowl (welcome to nsx ownership you dummy- @ me)
20200517_223734.jpg
A few elbow greases later:
20200421_185838.jpg

Last edited:
Back