• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mixing/Matching Exhaust/Headers/Test Pipes, etc...

Sorry if a stupid question but does it make a difference if you mix or match these combos?

I know majority of you have mixed different companies together and seem to be happy.

For example, if I have Pride V2 exhaust. Is it highly recommended to stick with Pride headers to sound the best and get the best performance, or will they all sound/perform the same if I go with SOS or Comptech Headers? I understand other factors come into place like price/quality.

Sound and performance will different from brand to brand.

There is no problem with mixing and matching.

Go with whatever fits your budget and needs.

Sorry if a stupid question but does it make a difference if you mix or match these combos?

I know majority of you have mixed different companies together and seem to be happy.

For example, if I have Pride V2 exhaust. Is it highly recommended to stick with Pride headers to sound the best and get the best performance, or will they all sound/perform the same if I go with SOS or Comptech Headers? I understand other factors come into place like price/quality.

If you can sense the difference between a DC header and a Pride header, my friend, I have big plans for you! :)

Let see. I have top speed headers, pride rtp, and Cantrell enduralite exhaust. Yeah, I mixed it all up. No problem at all. Work and sounds awesome. Minus the drone, it sux. But still loving it.

I love my dc headers. A bargain too at 1000 bucks and carb legal. High polished pipes but nobody but your machanic sees them anyway. The claimed 25 hp though as all manufacturers claim is hyped b.s.

I love my dc headers. A bargain too at 1000 bucks and carb legal. High polished pipes but nobody but your machanic sees them anyway. The claimed 25 hp though as all manufacturers claim is hyped b.s.

Where did you find your DC Headers?
Our car isn't listed on their selection list.

I actually did a Google search on the shopping tab and found them through some auto parts supplier in Missouri or some other state in the mid west. I paid 950 shipped I beleive. They also threw in the 91-94 adapters for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Just did the Google search and remember now. I bought them from autoaccessorygarage.

^ Wow with 2 things.

They are 30minutes from me! Maybe I will stop over there.
They have terrible reviews on Google. How was your experience?

I have had DC on forever got them from DC.....They used to have a nice nsx catalogue of stuff.

^ Wow with 2 things.

They are 30minutes from me! Maybe I will stop over there.
They have terrible reviews on Google. How was your experience?
Not bad. Very friendly customer service.

Back