• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moment of truth, which NSX would you choose?

Hi there,

I am a step closer in buying a NSX.

I am curious to your opinions.

2002 GPW with Camel, 8k miles in close to new condition for about $60k

2005 NFR with Black, 14k miles in close to new condition for about $60k

What do you think is a better deal?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks

On paper the 2005, for sure. It will hold its value due to being a 2005. However there were VERY few GPWs made so that will keep that value up.

Its probably a toss up. Pick on color.

On paper the 2005, for sure. It will hold its value due to being a 2005. However there were VERY few GPWs made so that will keep that value up.

I was gonna say the same thing. I'd prolly go with the white tho.

Oh the agony, I know on Paper...off the bat I'm losing 10k for buying a 2002 at that price and on the 2005 it's actually very fair price.

If the GPW had black interior it would be so easy...

Anyone else?

The red is definitely the "better" deal, whether you like it better is all that matters. Red is classic, white rare.

The '05 is the better deal, but GPW is very desireable.

Do you like the flip up headlight style or the exposed? The white seems to be more popular now,some folks are spending big bucks to repaint thier cars gpw and clone the nsx-r look.You can probably haggle down more with the white car.

No question, get the GPW. Lower miles and rare!!!!:biggrin:

I would if it came around when I was looking.

Tytus

After I posted I thought, I would trade my 2004 for that 2002 GPW! Get it before it's gone...so cool, and soooooo rare.

I would go for the GPW due to rarity. 60k seems to be a very fair price for the 05 though, I thought 05s were going for 65k. It's probably due to the current state of the economy.

Well we all know the 2005 is certainly the better deal. But it appears your question has a slight hint that you are having difficulties choosing a color :D

Go for the GPW all the way!!! Way more desirable!!!

I paid more than that for my 2002 Imola with 9k miles...but it was the only one made for its year and 1 of 8 cars made in its ext.int combination.

Hard choice,

Personally i think that GPW with a Tan int does not look that good.
But it's special and if your going to make R that's the best color.

I think i would go for the 05 i like the red better.

Got any pics of the cars??

GPW for sure. But when you throw tan in the mix... eh not so much.

I guess NFR? Or wait for something else to pop up that you're 100% happy with. You've waited this long, a little longer for something you'll have zero regrets with would be worth it to me.

Hi there,

Thanks
If they are this equal to you, LOW ball them and take the most "motivated" seller.

My choice is subjective. I don't like black. Had a black car once, while it was good looking, never again. Too hot in the summer, to easy to get dirty, etc etc. So I will always get anything but black.

If they are this equal to you, LOW ball them and take the most "motivated" seller.

How far would you lowball, if the prices are around $60K? I always wonder what is a good lowball starting price when negotiating vs pissing off the guy totally. With the poor economy, you wonder how low you can go especially given inflated asking prices on Autotrader, etc.

Last edited:
White all the way.

Although an 05 is very tempting at the price you're looking at, you should get the color you really want.

I think gettting a 3-year newer car with only 14K miles is a much smarter buy down the line, but I guess it depends on if you plan on modding it or keeping it stock.

If I ever got another one though, I want it to be GPW. I wish I had not sold my 93.

Last edited:
The 05' will always be the "last year" for one of the greatest sport cars ever built. Thus it will always hold a premium (first model year and the last model year always are more collectable).

I do like the GPW (I own one) although the Red/black combo looks very nice with the fixed lights...

Let me know if you pass on the 05' as I would be intersted in taking a look at it..

Back