• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motorola Blue tooth car kit

I have all but given up in my attempts to find a radio control head that has xm and blue tooth. In a year or two I suspect they will be available but in the interim I am considering a Motorola HF 850 blue tooth car kit. Anyone using this device? What is the best way to install it? Can it be installed so very little is showing? Thanks

I know this isn't what you're asking, but I would seriously consider a completely different solution -

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/Products/WirelessHeadsets/JabraBT500/JabraBT500.htm

Then you can use whatever head unit you desire and also can use it anywhere, not just in your car. I have the predecessor JB-250 - it's comfortable, light-weight, has excellent battery life and excellent audio in both transmit & receive functions (for you & the remote party). I love mine and highly recommend it as the perfect driver's solution.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might go with that if the car kit can not or can not easily interface with the stock radio. It's an interim fix that buys me some time and as you say can be used everywhere.

The motorola HF wireless Headset is coming out in about 2 months or so. Hopefully before christmas. A few weeks ago I was training on how to install one and use one for Best Buy. It's pretty neat, they will have 2 different of models coming out for it. Theirs not many differences in both of them, Recommended I would just got with the Cheaper model.

TAke care

chris

Back