• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mount Palomar Drive

I'm not sure who to ask since we have three people involved here but I was wondering if I could invite an S2000 owner or two to join us. I doubt either one would join us, but if I get the okay, I'd like to ask my friends Kent and Doreen if they're interested.

Hey, Tom R, what about you? I know you'd never take one of your full scale models out of the garage but what about driving your S2000? Come on! Come out and play.

As to Patty's question of opening this up to cars other than NSX's, I would like to handle this face to face at the meeting tomorrow night. To date both Les and myself have done these drives as exclusive NSX events. Super Car Sunday was a joint NSX/GTR event so there is precedence for both.

Totally understand. I will likely have to pass though because my NSX currently looks like this.

377506_10151180075526588_976503004_n.jpg

Best your car has looked since last year! Just kidding. Hope it comes together and soon.

As to Patty's question of opening this up to cars other than NSX's, I would like to handle this face to face at the meeting tomorrow night. To date both Les and myself have done these drives as exclusive NSX events. Super Car Sunday was a joint NSX/GTR event so there is precedence for both.

Okay, JC. :smile:

I wont be able to make the drive. Theyre were some problems with my tires, i need new rears :-/ It will be on its way to a friend of a friend's tire shop, there equipment is state of the art. I'll be dropping it off on or before sunday, im hoping i wont have to wait too long their.

My NSX may not be ready in time. Any SD NSX's got room for me to ride along?

I'm not sure who to ask since we have three people involved here but I was wondering if I could invite an S2000 owner or two to join us. I doubt either one would join us, but if I get the okay, I'd like to ask my friends Kent and Doreen if they're interested.

Hey, Tom R, what about you? I know you'd never take one of your full scale models out of the garage but what about driving your S2000? Come on! Come out and play.

Totally understand. I will likely have to pass though because my NSX currently looks like this.

377506_10151180075526588_976503004_n.jpg

I will chime in here on this. The main reason we like to keep the drives for NSX owners only is because we know these poeple and that they know to keep themselves under control. The other reason is when we get over 20 cars it is very hard to keep everyone together, so by adding none NSX owners it makes it even harder. With that being said we have let NSX owners whose NSX's are not drivable come with their other car to the drives. Regan I beleive he put you on the list knowing your NSX was in the shop from your earlier post. So unless JC says otherwise, Regan you can come with your other car.

Last edited:
Definitely not going...windshield cracked after getting a rock chip during the CalCoastal drive and I need to follow up with my insurance company as to why I never heard from whatever auto glass replacement company they were going to put me in touch with (I had started to go directly through Safelite until I found out it would cost $2,200 to replace the windshield with OEM glass...and it took a week to get THAT quote).

Last edited:
Definitely not going...windshield cracked after getting a rock chip during the CalCoastal drive and I need to follow up with my insurance company as to why I never heard from whatever auto glass replacement company they were going to put me in touch with (I had started to go directly through Safelite until I found out it would cost $2,200 to replace the windshield with OEM glass...and it took a week to get THAT quote).

Ouch. Found rock chips too from that drive and I have a full bra on the front. Sorry you won't be able to make it. Both you and your camera will be missed.

I will chime in here on this. The main reason we like to keep the drives for NSX owners only is because we know these poeple and that they know to keep themselves under control. The other reason is when we get over 20 cars it is very hard to keep everyone together, so by adding none NSX owners it makes it even harder. With that being said we have let NSX owners whose NSX's are not drivable come with their other car to the drives. Regan I beleive he put you on the list knowing your NSX was in the shop from your earlier post. So unless JC says otherwise, Regan you can come with your other car.

This^^^^^^^.

Yep, same as here i got rock chips during the calcoastal drive too.:mad:

Dang Ryu, your car is down more than mine. I just got it back, after 3 weeks at Bells just to paint the bumper. Don't ask about my frustration behind 3 weeks to paint a bumper. Then I drove down the street and a guy yelled "sick car, you know it's smoking pretty bad" so I get out and look and it was kinda smoking, I assume oil being burned off from the exhaust. Bell put 1 mile on it in 3 weeks, so I assume all the starts and stops and never fully warming up had something to do with this. Last, I need to change to my winter tune lol as it poped a code for bank 1 system too rich. I think getting Bisi to tune it literally after I put new o2 sensory now the car (at least ONLY in cold weather) runs off when cold. So gotta find "winter tune" lol.

Hope everyone has a good drive. I'm just too busy this weekend, big, big plans :)

I'm In, Please add me to the list.

I need a winter tune as well, its way to reliable and I'm feeling left out.

Don't feel left out :/, the only time you should feel left anything is being left behind..... Behind me that is as an extra 80 hp blows your ear drums out. Now that could be the exhaust or motor blowing but either way you will get a front row ticket behind me to watch :p

Dang Ryu, your car is down more than mine. I just got it back, after 3 weeks at Bells just to paint the bumper. Don't ask about my frustration behind 3 weeks to paint a bumper. :)

Why do you keep taking it back to Bell.:confused: Everytime it takes forever to get it back, even on small jobs and most of the time it still not right. There are other shops than can do a better job and get it done in a timely manner, like San Pedro Auto Body that did all the paint work for Acura on the NSX's that came off the boat.

Don't feel left out :/, the only time you should feel left anything is being left behind..... Behind me that is as an extra 80 hp blows your ear drums out. Now that could be the exhaust or motor blowing but either way you will get a front row ticket behind me to watch :p
LOL, them fumes were kicking my ass on the last drive.

Why do you keep taking it back to Bell.:confused: Everytime it takes forever to get it back, even on small jobs and most of the time it still not right. There are other shops than can do a better job and get it done in a timely manner, like San Pedro Auto Body that did all the paint work for Acura on the NSX's that came off the boat.

It's the last...... Unless I need to have them buff the deck lid. It looks like they washed it and didn't wipe off the trunk lid and now I got water spots I can't get off. Tried quick detailer, magic clay, and scratch x. Not to jack the thread but any other ideas?

A clay bar should work on water spots. Anything stronger you are looking at polishers or compounds. Meguire's 205 or 105 if its that deep. Yikes!

Back