• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

moving to alexandria VA.... need info

Kodiak, I'm a native of Alexandria and I think according to your budget, you should be able to live in parts of Alexandria itself. My suggestion is Kingstown, easy access to public transportation if you need it, as well as a preplanned community town center w/ all your major big box stores at your door step, easy access to 395 & 95 as well as smaller streets that can get you get you into Old Town. Or, I would look for a place on King St., which is the major artery into Old Town, however I would stay more west around where it changes to Leesburg Pike (away from OT) where housing is more reasonable, this area would be known as Fairlington, Shirlington, Falls Church-most of the nicer luxury apts here will have secured parking, all 3 communities are right along 395, hop & skip away from Old Town & the city. Good luck & feel free to contact me if you need any help around town or just want to go out for a bite or a beer!

regards,
Eddie

edgemts,

its nsxnuts car in front of the realtime trailer at Road Atlanta.....

but it looks good,
i got permission to use it in writing somewhere i know....... :)

Mikey,
Haven't talked to ya in awhile, congrats on the new job. Glad to hear you'll be able to join us a VIR more often, not to mention someone who is fairly close who can help me w/ this SS box! I travel to Fredricksburg, VA most every 2 weeks or so, when ya get all moved we'll have to meet up.

you know i help anybody i can.......

always got some tricks for the SS i can show ya!

Ill be near DC, so we might have to meet somewhere in the middle

Hey there. Welcome to DC. I just got my NSX this summer, but haven't been driving it yet..... (Long story).

Anyway, I live in MD and I second the recommendation for Kingstowne. A good friend of mine recently moved down to Atlanta from there and she loved her townhouse....

me and her shoulda traded... LOL

i am looking into kindstown, it looks pretty nice.... it is on the list of places to look at.

thanks for the 2nd recomendation!

===update===

now it will be effective move date feb 5-6 weekend.... so ill be up there 2 weeks earlier than expected...

i went up last weekend, and located a place to live... Park Place At Van Dorn... it is a little further than i wanted... but good floor plan and new complex, so its in what appears to be a decent part of town ( time will tell ).

and also to let don know... i will be fixing marks tranny over this weekend before i go to save on flying me back later :)

Hey glad your coming up! I live in woodbridge and I am constantly traveling the area (I am in sales) If you need any more info, let me know, or if you need some logistical support
I agree that kingstown is a good area. I have two good friends who live there and it is fairly safe..(only one issue I know of)

I wrench all all of my own cars, so I am sure that in the future I will need your advice on matters...like ... I guess..... I should start doing back excercises cause leaning over the rear quarter pannel to work on the engine is going to be a PAIN!!!!

Kodiac- Welcome to the DC area. yes, VIR is a 4 hour drive ....but Summit Pt. is only 1.5 hrs. from Alexandria. And they have a third track open this year. Last call for the VIR track event Easter weekend- it is 80% sold out already. www.mazdadrivers.com

Let me know your name and email and I will add you to the mid-Atlantic NSX email list. we get the DC-area guys together a few times every year.

-Howard

to quote a Dr. Suess book....

"WE ARE HERE!! WE ARE HERE!! WE ARE HERE!!!"

Arrived Sunday afternoon, about 4pm...

we unpacked, had a decent meal with terrible service..... and SLEPT.

any recommendations for eating in old town area? we are planning on the morrison tonight... but any other good places near king st and s. alfred?

thanks

-mike

King Street Blues has medium-priced fare --BBQ and cajun-- in a casual atmosphere. Austin Grille is good as well for Tex/Mex.

Or drive 20 minutes up Rt. 7 to Duangrats - EXCELLENT Thai food from fellow NSXer Eddie (QWKSLVR)

DCNSX said:
King Street Blues has medium-priced fare --BBQ and cajun-- in a casual atmosphere. Austin Grille is good as well for Tex/Mex.

Or drive 20 minutes up Rt. 7 to Duangrats - EXCELLENT Thai food from fellow NSXer Eddie (QWKSLVR)

once i get settled in better, i'll have to come meet everyone.

but thai is great! i will try to get up there soon

thanks for the info

I started a club in florida and was president for two years but that was a different place with different cars, demographics.. everything.
I think some one up here should step up and get something formal started..
It should be fun like a monthly poker or spades night... or hit the go-kart track like AK brought up....hey!.. nothing like a garage night(after every one knows/trusts each other) .. just something scheduled so that people can plan...

Who is it going to be Ak, donwon, Md_nsx?

Knukle Head said:
I started a club in florida and was president for two years but that was a different place with different cars, demographics.. everything.
I think some one up here should step up and get something formal started..
It should be fun like a monthly poker or spades night... or hit the go-kart track like AK brought up....hey!.. nothing like a garage night(after every one knows/trusts each other) .. just something scheduled so that people can plan...

Who is it going to be Ak, donwon, Md_nsx?

It'll be Knukle Head :)

....say "Aye" for Knukle Head. you DA MAN.

Just joining in!

Welcome to the DC area!
I have yet to hook up with the NSX guys in the area, but hope to do so soon.
I am still recovering from a new marriage and home renovation. I am one year in on both and it is a whole lot easier to get out now. :biggrin:

Take care and hope to see you all soon!

Nate in DC

Back