• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Dear Folks,

I cannot express how saddened Paula and I are to be leaving our beloved "NSX Family," here on the east coast. Much of the pleasure we have had with our car has been the wonderful friends attached to our club! We will always remember you all with fond thoughts.

A wonderful opportunity has presented itself on the west coast, (Monterey, CA) that I just could not pass up. It has always been my dream to live in California, and for those who have been to Monterey, I am certain you will understand. I just felt that after 35 years of one form of schooling or another, I was not going to compromise my dream at this stage.

As for the NSX, it will be staged in my folks' garage on jacks until which time I find it suitable to bring it to Cali. Please do find time to come and visit us if possible, as you are all welcome.

Bailey: Keep a strong hold on the buffet scene! Your car always did sound the best to my ears.

THE Don: Pal, you are one of the most sincere people I have ever met, so please do not change. You car is the reason I would choose silver 'next' (after red....of course)!

Bob: STILL have that photo of you in from of that goliath of a sunday from NSX NH 2003! WOW! You are also the reason that I will be certain to "inspect my nuts," prior to ever tracking my car! Even though I will only be living 7 miles from Leguna Seca Raceway, I doubt very much that my car will ever do any laps there in anger. Hellos to your wonderful Wife.

Mr. Mills (Peter): Thank you for being one of the pillars that helps hold up this wonderful club. Your silent leadership has been appreciated by all. Hellos to the Mrs.

Larry B.: It was a pleasure interacting with you. You have taught me much about the car and I appreciate it. Thank you for always being there for any remedial questions that I have had. I am certain that you will have a wonderful and successful tenure as Club President.

Keith: Mr. Cool! I STILL say that red/ ivory is the best overall combo. and your car is the reason why. Peace.........

Alan: It was a pleasure ......'neighbor!' Your enthusiasm in the club is contageous so keep it up. I hope that Josh will enjoy his Monaco Blue NSX very soon!

Doc: LOUD exhaust! Put a smile on my face following your car............but when I looked over to my Wife..........she was NOT happy................"Don't even THINK about it!" UUUmmmm................I'm still driving OEM.........but in my mind, I hear your exhaust!.................They can't take THAT away from us can they guys!

Clem: Who can ever forget such a jolly fellow! Keep Well-

Roger: Still stuck on the BRA thing. PERHAPS you will go 'topless' next year. We now share a very similar diet...............and my family hates me for it!..............Cool.

JADKAR: I am certain that you will be back to the NSX (or HSC) scene soon. Good luck with your new family and hope to see a pic with the Zanardi. Hellos to Karen and Nicholas. Thanks for introducing the Paddock exhaust to the scene.

Tiger: If you are still lurking this forum..............it was only a pleasure to be your friend. I (We) hope to hear from you very soon. I feel that the club lost a vital family member when you departed and you are missed, to this day. Keep Well-

Rich H: Saw a Gulf-livelry GT the other day and thought of you. Thanks for caring for the NSXUppereast web site. I think that the NH events that your Wife and you set up were just fantastic. Kudos to you and looking forward to seeing you in "one of ours" really soon. Hellos to Amanda. I LOVE the 2.3-16!

Jalnjr: Doc, thanks for helping with setting up our little cruise to High Point last year. I will never forget that run and how much you helped make it happen. Keep Well Doc BLING and WING!

If I have forgotten anyone.............and I am certain that I have, please excuse me.

Lastly, I will leave you with three quotes from my mentor and a poem from my friend:

"Those who say never, never do....wheras those who say they can likely will."

"Excuses are reasons for failure, so do not use them."

"Life is a ladder. Can you give me one good reason why YOU do not deserve to stand on the top rung?"

"A man ventures into the world anew
Amidst a vast and open blue
Only he against all the storms
Can he separate himself from the norm?
He left his love, family and friends
To prove to all the meaning of his ends
But of this void he fears not
For it is strength he has got"
-Neilesh P. Patel

God Bless and please do keep in touch.

NevSX
(Cali. contact will be posted later)

NEV,

You and Paula will be quick to adapt. I think it is 5 degrees outside here today!

Of all the places to "have" to relocate , Monterey has to be one of my top choices! Plenty of F Boxers and other fine autos there.

Don't say goodbye, maybe we will see you at Peeble Beach or Laguna Seca.

One of our favorite places to stay is the Monterey Plaza Hotel and of course, outdoor lunch at Schooners at the Plaza.

All the best to you and your lovely wife Paula. Make sure you stay in touch.

As for the mini collection in addition to my 190 16V , I plan to add another toy in February / March either another NSX or SL 500?

Be safe in your travels.

Rich Hutte :smile:

Be good NEV. I wish you much success in California and look forward to seeing you out there. I go to Los Angeles several times a year. Im not sure where Monterey is, but if its too far-Im sure at NSXPO 2007 :biggrin: in California will bring us all together again.

Nev my best wishes to you Paula and the little one. You will be greatly missed here but I hope you will find your new home to be everything you dreamed of and more. Happy Holidays to you and your family

Bailey

You are a class act Nev!Please visit via this forum often and keep us updated with your move.I envy anyone who has the 17 mile drive in there backyard.Good luck with your practice!Don't be too shocked with the unreal-estate prices though:eek:

Hi Nev:),

So it is finally happening. I wish you and the family the very best. One small last peice of "local advice". Do not put the NSX on stands, bad for the shocks, just inflate the tires to 50 PSI, leave her on the ground.

Regards and safe travels,
LarryB

Better yet, let Jadkar exercise her for you!

Nev & Paula (& the peanut), the Northeast will never be the same without you. It takes a sincere person to know one and you guys are it!

Our California brethren better take good care of you!

Wishing you the best of health and happiness always!

Don

Even though I will only be living 7 miles from Leguna Seca Raceway, I doubt very much that my car will ever do any laps there in anger.

Fear Not Nev:
DocJohn, Bob and I will be more than happy to take YOUR car out on LaGuna Seca. Your red car was made for that track. Merry Christmas and good luck and health to you, Paula and Crash.

Nev,
I'm glad to hear that you have such a great opportunity ahead of you. We will all miss you here. When are you leaving? Is it possible we can all send you off at the Club Holiday Dinner? That would be great. Now, if you ever need someone to drive your car out to CA. , I'm sure you'll have plenty of volunteers...:biggrin: Best wishes, and God Speed. Peace.

Nev,

It's great to hear that you are finally taking the opportunity that has been waiting for you on the west coast!

As Keith said, it would be nice if we could have seen you off at the holiday dinner just before your departure...

Good luck out west, don't let the excessive sun and warm weather get to you :biggrin:

Have a safe trip and Happy Holidays!!!!

goin' west

nev, it's with a tinge of sadness that i say "au revoir".
having had some time to prep for it, does not make it any more palatable.
you're a true gentleman, & so good-hearted. i applaud you taking
this opportunity, to expand your medical practice to the next level !!

we'll still include you in our northeast plans, and if you could leave some of those gold chains for pete mills & the don, that would be soo nice!!:biggrin:

peace & axle grease, my friend. have fun in ca, & remember you'll never be far away. be safe always, you & your family.

always the bests!!

Nev, as stated by everyone in the previous posts, you are truly a "class act", and one that will be sorely missed here on the "right coast" Paula and the "peanut" will take you to all of the "shoe emporiums" on the "left coast" and before you know it, you'll be treating the "Governator" I wish you and your family a safe and healthy passage to "the other side" and all good things for the holidays and future!!!! Oh, and just as an aside, the lease is up in Feb. but I'm going to extend it until.........:biggrin:

The true test,,Don,how many times did you see "rocky horror picture show' in theaters?:tongue: Nev we have'nt forgoten you,,but even your farewell thread is really all about the Don!:tongue:

Nev & Paula;

Best Wishes to you both; As said behind everyman's endevors is a good woman. I sure you will both enjoy Carmel & Montery - Check out the great
aquaium & marine life center in Montery... I'm sure you will have a great trip someday down the coastal highway to the Herist Castle.. Have Great Fun on
the West Coast.

May our paths cross again, your a great friend

Regards to you BOTH

Clem Beauchemin:smile:

Wow...I can't believe you're are leaving us:frown: :frown: ...well at least the East coast. Karen and I must have really been out of it because we didn't even know you were looking to leave. What ever the case you two will definitely not be forgotten, I'm sure we'll chat on-line, see you at NSXPO, and maybe Karen and I will invite ourselves over one day if we're in Cali. :)

I'm glad to hear your following your hearts desire to move out West. Many people end up saying "should have" after they have lived out their years. We wish you the best of luck with all your future endeavors, and say hello to my NSX for me :):)

Keep in touch!!

nev_paula.jpg

Hi NEV,

I was in Monterey 2 years ago visiting a friend who moved from Michigan. Monterey is just amazing :eek: really nice area...it's a paradise...rolling hills with a view of the pacific ocean. I went to Pebble Beach and it's absolutely stunning - imagine playing golf with the view of the ocean...and if you're lucky a "Whale or two might show up" I was told:rolleyes:

After living in Michigan for 10 years I finally made the move to CALI last August and I've come to realize how lucky people here are...High paying jobs..the weather is just so amazing...traffic could be annoying at first but you learn to adjust. There are definitely pros and cons but I guess given a choice I should have moved long time ago... when houses are still cheap:rolleyes: .

It's really tough to leave all those people you care about but there are times when you dont really have a choice. Well I hope everything goes well on your move. GOOD LUCK!!!

Nev, I tip my hat to you and wish you & Paula all the best. Deferred gratification rocks.

Dear Folks-

On behalf of Paula and Nicholas, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone. Your kind wishes were heart felt. Please do keep in touch. See you all at the Holiday dinner.

Cheers-

Nev

Back