• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mr. Spoiler in Manassas

Just want to post a follow up to my previous thread asking about decent bodyshops near Vienna/Oakton. I took a fellow NSXer's advice and went to Mr. Spoiler in Manassas. The owner Dan is very knowledgeable and did a great job re-aligning my hood and bumper. He couldn't do much about the paint chips but that's really not his fault: the silverstone color is hard to match, as he pointed out during the estimate process. Of course he could have painted a large panel but it's not worthwhile.

I was a bit hesitant in the beginning since there wasn't any on-line reviews about this place. What I found out is that Dan's a straight shooter and delivered on his promise, and I was actually able to pick the car on the ETA date! (That's pretty rare especially for a bodyshop). The business is family run and you get a sense they're not out there to get you. He's been in business for 15-17 yrs and has done a few NSXs before, along with other exotics and dealership bodywork (mostly for Pohenka Lexus). Initially he wasn't sure if the rear bumper needs to be repainted since it was replaced before, but after closer examination he decided that it wasn't necessary, and actually saved me some money. Usually these shops will take any chance they can to get a few bucks out of you so I appreciate his honesty.

Because the work I wanted to be done was relatively minor, I didn't want to go some place where I may come out worse than when I came in. Mr. Spoiler did a good job, I'd recommend them. :)

Dan actually called me here at the dealership last week in regards to your NSX. We faxed over a diagram of the rear bumper section so that he could get a better idea on how to proceed with the repairs. Glad to hear the work was performed correctly!

Last edited:
Dan actually called me here at the dealership last week in regards to your NSX. We faxed over a diagram of the rear bumper section so that he could get a better idea on how to proceed with the repairs. Glad to hear the work was performed correctly!

Cool! Glad to know he did his homework ;)

Geo05nsx,

I am glad it worked out for you!

I will be stopping by Mr. Spoiler in the fall to get some work done as well.

Mr. Spoiler is amazing. I first took my NSX to Dan about ten years ago for fiberglass work to add extensions to my crappy marga hills side skirts. He does amazing fiberglass work. Since then I have taken 3 NSXs, a 911 turbo, Audi s4, rx7, e55, two Ferrari 360s to Dan. He recently molded fiberglass inserts into my Ferrari front bumper. I have known dan now for ten years and hes a true craftsman. I don't think I will ever take my cars anywhere else as long as he's still in business. I have referred all of my friends there and I would highly recommend to anyone on this forum.

Back