• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MTF Fluid

That's good information to know. Looks like I won't be using the sychromesh as it's not recommended for my 94. On that note, has anyone tried using motorcycle oil in their trans? They appear to be developed for higher-duty service, wet-clutch applications, and have added rust protection (good for my NSX which doesn't get driven often).

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx

If this is getting too far off-topic let me know and we'll steer it back.

It probably dosn't have the proper friction modifiers intended for clutch plates that constantly slip against eachother.

That seems to be correct from my experience with it.

After putting in this Amsoil synthetic synchromesh fluid in my '92 (which has the inferior differential to the newer models), I notice that the clutch plates/discs seems to grab more than ever before.

On slow, tight turns (like pulling into a parking space), I can feel it in the inner rear tire. Nothing violent of course, more like how other higher performance LSD's are set.

I personally like it better this way. I imagine it may have even been like this when it was 120000 miles newer before the clutch discs/plates wore and the washer relaxed :smile:

Regardless, all this will do is tend to make the car push or understeer in turns if (at worse case), the rear tires have no relative slip. But, with a more aggressive LSD, you can then counter-act this with the additional power you can put through the rear tires in a turn.

I'm not about to change it out anytime soon. I've had the white cap Honda fluid, the GM synchromesh, and now this stuff. I prefer the Amsoil so far.

My $0.02.

Dave

Back